Helpful ReplyRequest to Sonarians who are experts in other DAWs

Author
Piotr
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 208
2017/11/26 14:15:00 (permalink)

Request to Sonarians who are experts in other DAWs

While many of us still plans use Sonar as long as possible it is no doubt those of us (like me) without secondary DAW chosen earlier need to start learn and pick something as secondary asap...

Could you please make a favor for us and create some video how to do the same things in your non-Sonar DAW you are expert as well? It would speed up significantly process of learning other DAWs to pick one of them. And later on to master chosen one.

Regards,
Piotr
Sonar Platinum Lifetime
BJN
  • Total Posts : 222
Re: Request to Sonarians who are experts in other DAWs 2017/11/26 14:42:06 (permalink)
Relax, no need to rush off. It is not like we lost our use of the DAW. For some of us there may be a contract violation but we still have a fully featured up to date DAW that will do for several years before becoming obsolete.
I'd suggest Reaper as one to learn in tandem to using Sonar. Kenny Goia does some great tutorials.
It is a powerful fully customizable DAW and like any DAW the shortcuts need to be memorized.
Sonar is a much more complete DAW for now.

-------------------------------------------------------
Magic: when you feel inspired to create which in turn inspires more creation.

And the corollary: if magic happens inspiration might flog it to death with numerous retakes.
Bart Nettle
THambrecht
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 867
Re: Request to Sonarians who are experts in other DAWs 2017/11/26 14:58:56 (permalink)
SONAR can all we need for our work.
We have now bought 1 licence of Cubase 9.5. We will check this DAW and learn how we can do our workflow with Cubase.
But only when we see, that Cubase is better and faster for our work then SONAR, we will change. Therefore we have time the next 2 years.

We digitize tapes, vinyl, dat, md ... in broadcast and studio quality for publishers, public institutions and individuals.
4 x Intel Quad-CPU, 4GHz Sonar Platinum (Windows 10 - 64Bit) and 14 computers for recording tapes, vinyl ...

4 x RME Fireface 800, 2 x Roland Octa Capture and 4 x Roland Quad Capture, Focusrite .... Studer A80, RP99, EMT948 ...

(Germany)  http://www.hambrecht.de
Piotr
Re: Request to Sonarians who are experts in other DAWs 2017/11/26 21:18:45 (permalink)
No panic here...

We are just in the middle time where are good offers for secondary DAW.

I don't plan to finish work in Sonar soon however I would like to fix my bad and assuming I will use ever only 1 DAW... And slowly plan to learn something new but it would be a pity to miss opportunities for lower prices... Wait till BF 2018?  I learn my lesson after shock Gibson did to us... I need to start have always alternative...

Regards,
Piotr
Sonar Platinum Lifetime
Rimshot
Max Output Level: -29 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4625
Re: Request to Sonarians who are experts in other DAWs 2017/11/27 01:43:17 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby doncolga 2017/12/01 14:44:19
If you are interested in Studio One, here's good place to start reviewing videos:

http://musiced.presonus.com/learning-center/tutorials/studio-one

Rimshot 

Sonar Platinum 64 (Lifer), Studio One V3.5, Notion 6, Steinberg UR44, Zoom R24, Purrrfect Audio Pro Studio DAW (Case: Silent Mid Tower, Power Supply: 600w quiet, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz (8 threads), RAM: 16GB DDR3/1600 
, OS drive: 1TB HD, Audio drive: 1TB HD), Windows 10 x64 Anniversary, Equator D5 monitors, Faderport, FP8, Akai MPK261
Piotr
Re: Request to Sonarians who are experts in other DAWs 2017/11/27 09:36:39 (permalink)
Thnx, Rimshot, I will take a look.

Regards,
Piotr
Sonar Platinum Lifetime
panup
Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2538
Re: Request to Sonarians who are experts in other DAWs 2017/11/27 10:43:43 (permalink)
Piotr
While many of us still plans use Sonar as long as possible it is no doubt those of us (like me) without secondary DAW chosen earlier need to start learn and pick something as secondary asap...

Could you please make a favor for us and create some video how to do the same things in your non-Sonar DAW you are expert as well? It would speed up significantly process of learning other DAWs to pick one of them. And later on to master chosen one.

This will take some time but at cakewalkcommunity.com forums we have started to collect information for SONAR users how to do things in other DAWS.  Information is collected to FAQs.  A/B video would be cool...
doncolga
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1519
Re: Request to Sonarians who are experts in other DAWs 2017/12/01 14:44:34 (permalink)
Great link man!

HP Z220 Workstation I7 3770, 8 GB RAM, Windows 10, Sonar Platinum, RME Multiface II via PCIe, JBL 4326 w/sub, AvanTone MixCubes
ERufian
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: Request to Sonarians who are experts in other DAWs 2017/12/01 21:31:38 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby GregRband 2017/12/02 20:54:34
For learning materials I'd recommend Berklee on Coursera

The course on music production is not DAW-specific. When I took it (a couple of years ago) the professor was trying to build within the course a wiki comparing how to do typical tasks on different DAWs.

coursera.org/learn/technology-of-music-production

This was the course that got me started on Presonus Studio One. At the end of the course they offered a great deal to students (I bought an Audiobox interface that included S1 Artist and they gave a free upgrade to S1 Pro).

For getting started on more "industry standard" DAWs they have

coursera.org/learn/protools
coursera.org/learn/ableton-live

Note: I think it is still possible to audit the courses at no cost but it may require some clicking around
Fernando
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 135
Re: Request to Sonarians who are experts in other DAWs 2017/12/01 23:43:03 (permalink)
just bought a licence for Harrison Mixbus 32C.I was in fact looking at it for a few months. The Gibson announcement kind of pushed me. This week the sale was at 70% off. I guess they are looking for Cakewalk customers.
It looks pretty good.
There is a learning curve but they have great videos and online tutorial.
It will work side by side with my SONAR platinum.

Fernando
"Guitarist"

Wanna hear a bluesy version of  " I saw Her Standing There?"   Go herehttp://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/3108999

Done with SONAR, of course
GregRband
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 107
Re: Request to Sonarians who are experts in other DAWs 2017/12/02 20:59:33 (permalink)
panup
Piotr

This will take some time but at cakewalkcommunity.com forums we have started to collect information for SONAR users how to do things in other DAWS.  Information is collected to FAQs.  A/B video would be cool...

Can you post a direct link to this area please. I’d love to see a few videos of Sonar experts doing same functions in other daws too. I went to site but didn’t see any related info ....that I could find that is.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1