Resizable FX Chains section in Prochannel

Author
jbraner
Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1830
2015/05/13 09:37:54 (permalink)
5 (1)

Resizable FX Chains section in Prochannel

I just thought of something else that's a minor niggle. I like to use some 3rd party VST FX in Prochannel - to keep everything in one place (rather than using PC and the FX bin). You can only use FX Chains (fair enough - but that could be another request - to put a "FX Bin" into PC) - but this creates a big "FX Chain" section, even if there's only one FX in it.

So either a "FX Bin" in the PC or a resizable "FX Chain" section - in PC would be really nice ;-)

John Braner
https://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/JohnBraner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner

- Intel i7 3770K 3.5GHz
- Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit
- Cakewalk by BandLab x64
- Reaper x64
- 16GB RAM
- Asus P8z77-V mobo - using the integrated Intel graphic card (HD4000)
- MOTU Ultralite AVB audio interface
I usually use ASIO set at 64 or 128 samples
er - that's it I think...

1 Reply Related Threads

Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
    Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2819
    Re: Resizable FX Chains section in Prochannel 2015/05/13 15:38:57 (permalink)
    jbraner
    So either a "FX Bin" in the PC or a resizable "FX Chain" section - in PC would be really nice ;-)

I'd actually be quite happy sticking with the "FX Chain" approach, if ...
    • FX chains in the ProChannel would make more optimized use of screen estate
    • FX chains in the ProChannel would not be fixed to exactly 6 buttons + exactly 6 knobs (nowadays one could expect that to be programed dynamically so that you can do a one knob driver button just like a 8 parameter eq)
    • FX chains in the ProChannel had an option to show input and output meters (e.g. like those on the concrete limiter)
    • FX chains in the ProChannel would be 1000% (no typo!) controllable by ACT
    These arguments are listed in increasing order of importance and the problem that FX chains in the ProChannel are not properly  ACT controllable (although broken since probably FX chains were invented) is  the reason way I don't use any FX other the ProChannel modules in the ProChannel. For me anything in the ProChannel has to be fully controllable from the channel strip section of the control surface to make it a natural workflow that doesn't require me to think about which buttons to push to drive the software ...

GOOD TUNES LAST FOREVER
      +++   Visit the Rehab   +++

DAW: Platinum/X3e, win10 64 bit, i7-3930K (6x3.2GHz), Asus Sabertooth X79, 32 GB DDR3 1600MHz, ATI HD 5450, 120 GB SSD OCZ Agility3, 2x 1TB WD HDD SATA 600
    Audio-Interface: 2x MOTU 1248 AVB, Focusrite OctoPre, (Roland Octa-Capture)   Control-Surface: VS-700C 
    VSTi: WAVES, NI K10u, FabFilter, IK, ... (too many really) 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1