Ripping vinyl records

Author
Apollos2
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2012/05/29 12:31:36 (permalink)

Ripping vinyl records

Hi all,

I just got a Stanton T55 turntable and it came with Pyro Audio creator. Installed the the software to my computer and hooked up the turntable BUT I cannot seem to find a "record level" setting anywhere and it's sitting at maxed out. (full of distortion) 

Now this is a trial version but I can't really try it out if I can't use it to rip from vinyl to see how it turns out after I convert it to .wav or mp3. 

Thanks,
Michael/Apollos2

2 Replies Related Threads

Brando
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2776
    Re:Ripping vinyl records 2012/05/29 14:07:48 (permalink)
    Apollos2

Hi all,

I just got a Stanton T55 turntable and it came with Pyro Audio creator. Installed the the software to my computer and hooked up the turntable BUT I cannot seem to find a "record level" setting anywhere and it's sitting at maxed out. (full of distortion) 

Now this is a trial version but I can't really try it out if I can't use it to rip from vinyl to see how it turns out after I convert it to .wav or mp3. 

Thanks,
    Michael/Apollos2

USB or Line in? Since you're using Pyro, I am assuming you have a PC rather than a Mac. There should be settings in your PC's Control Panel for properties under "Sounds and Audio Devices" (will depend on your version of windows). If you select recording you should have access to the "fader" for the device you are using. For Line in it will be your PC's sound card. For USB I assume the Stanton would have its own audio driver for the USB input which you should be able to select and adjust. Just guessing - I don't own this device. Just happened to see your post in my wanderings about the forums.
    Would probably be a good idea to play the turntable through a stereo just to be sure it isn't a hardware issue also.
    Hope this helps
    Good luck

Brando
    Cakewalk, Studio One Pro, Reaper
    Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL
    ASUS Prime Z370-A LGA1151, 32GB DDR4, Intel 8700K i7, 500 GB SSD, 3 x 1TB HDD, Windows 10 Pro 64
    Apollos2
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Ripping vinyl records 2012/05/29 14:25:05 (permalink)
    PC using USB connection. Thanks! I'm going to check that out. 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1