2012/11/06 15:36:24 (permalink)

Riser fx

Can some1 tell me how to make riser and swoosh type fx within sonar  thanks

(KmD)DaMadddRummeR

6 Replies Related Threads

leapinlizard
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 428
    Re:Riser fx 2012/11/07 13:55:30 (permalink)
    damadddrummer

Can some1 tell me how to make riser and swoosh type fx within sonar  thanks

Well, for starters you might have to come up with a better description of what you are looking for - riser?  Not sure what you mean by that.

As for swoosh-type effects, a flanger can create swoosh-type effects, but I'm not sure if this is what you are after or not.  If you are looking for a swooshing sound, one of the Cake synthesizers should be able to produce something nice and "swooshy" sounding.

"Surf music will never die." -- LeapinLizard, 1963
    "We may never hear surf music again." -- Jimi Hendrix, 1967. 
    groovey1
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 288
    Re:Riser fx 2012/11/07 17:47:59 (permalink)
    leapinlizard

... riser?  Not sure what you mean by that. 

It's an EDM term for a kind of a tension-building effect, usually used going into a "drop" - where the bass and drums drop back in to the track. Here's an example of somebody creating the effect using Logic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEXm9iJglwA

He does an interesting thing where he adds a lot of reverb and then reverses the clip, so that the sound starts with the reverb tail swelling up out of nothing.

Here's another tutorial video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLAKWZAj3O4&feature=related

SONAR Platinum, Win10-64, Acer Aspire V15 (i7-4510U, 2.0GHz, 8GB), Quad-Capture
    https://soundcloud.com/waltmusekamp
    damadddrummer
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re:Riser fx 2012/11/09 09:12:23 (permalink)
    thanks so far i have massive and its pretty easy in there but i want to try the same thing with sonars instrument

(KmD)DaMadddRummeR
    forkol
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 182
    Re:Riser fx 2012/11/10 02:04:44 (permalink)
    Ah yes, one of my favorites subjects.  White Noise riser.

Reach for an oldie-but-goodie - Pentagon.  It has white noise generation.

Turn on white noise for one of the oscillators.
    You will want to adjust the Drive, Chorus, Delay (if you want) and EQ to sonic taste.
    The Spread is really important as well, to give it that nice, wide sound.

Turn on one of the filters.  You can use either Low-pass or Band-Pass.  To test how it's going to sound, play with the cutoff.  You will want to automate this in Sonar as this is what gives you the 'rise' (or fall) effect.

You will need to also add a reverb, since Pentagon does not have one.  The Sonitus Reverb is a good choice, or for really smooth, the Lexicon (if you have it in your Sonar).  You can play with whatever settings, but typically long, hall-like reverbs work well.  If you have high frequency damping and feedback play with these as well.  You can also automate the size of the reverb as well.

You can also add on a saw in the other oscillator(s) to make a pitched riser.  In this case, you want to automate the coarse tuning knob (or maybe fine tuning knob) to have it go up in pitch along with the filter.  You can play with the Level knobs to control the ratio of noise to pitch to your taste.

If you add a Sonitus compressor, you can then compress it with a bass drum sidechain and it will pump in time as well.

If you need further help/ideas, let me know.  I might even try to work up an example (which will have to be in 8.5 for now until my X2 comes in).

thedukewestern
    Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 387
    Re:Riser fx 2016/12/04 19:28:39 (permalink)
    pentagon?

Be the first one who thinks that you can

Sonar Platinum, Windows 7 64 bit - clean install January 2016, Focusrite Pro 40, Outboard Pres, Native Instruments Komplete, Izotope, PSP, Melodyne, Vegetarian
    EddieLotter
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 98
    Re:Riser fx 2016/12/04 19:59:11 (permalink)
    thedukewestern
    pentagon?

Cakewalk Pentagon

Cheers
    Eddie

Cheers
    Eddie
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1