Rock vocals and lyrics needed

Author
mikecsvu
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 41
2005/08/15 10:00:27 (permalink)

Rock vocals and lyrics needed

Hi all

My 15 year old son is a keen budding guitarist and he had his first go recording with home studio on my PC the other weekend. He doesn't live with me (with his mum/exwife) and the time we get to have together is limited.

I'm a keen if somewhat rubbish home recording musician and this was the first time we have ever spent real time together doing something like this and it was, it sounds silly to you I'm sure, but it was relationship changing. Suddenly instead of the father son thing we were like two mates, swapping ideas, showing each other bits on the guitar, me showing him how the software worked etc and just thrilled with doing this together. It was honestly one of the best Saturday's of my life and I'll treasure it forever.

Anyway, i digress. we composed (80 percent him) a rockish tune and knocked up a rough and ready version of it. What I am hoping is that there is someone out there who would be interested in doing some lyrics for it and recording some vocals.

He wouldn't sing for a million pounds and I don't have a voice that would suit it at all. He doesn't know I'm posting this. He's put it up online so some of his friends could hear him play but I'd love to get vocals done to surprise him.

The track is at www.soundclick.com/containsmildperil

and I can be contacted at mike.plowman at csvu.net

Thanks for reading

Take it from a guy who's been round the block so many times he knows the only parking spot that's free - Barenaked Ladies

5 Replies Related Threads

BlindDog
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 985
    RE: Rock vocals and lyrics needed 2005/08/15 23:12:19 (permalink)
    Find Mitch Lavin. He's got "that" voice that - I think - would fit the groove perfectly. Question is: Do y'all have lyrics or you're looking for someone to write lyrics also?

-Kevin
    Accidents "happen". Success, however, is planned and executed.
    mikecsvu
    RE: Rock vocals and lyrics needed 2005/08/16 02:53:39 (permalink)
    Hi, my attempts at writing lyrics have so far been, shall we say, less than inspiring:-) If anyone could come up with lyrics and vocals it would be wonderful. Don't worry about the song title, a day wasted was just our tongue in cheek title on how we spent our day.

Take it from a guy who's been round the block so many times he knows the only parking spot that's free - Barenaked Ladies
    RAiN0707
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 257
    RE: Rock vocals and lyrics needed 2005/08/16 13:14:51 (permalink)
    What kind of vocals are you looking for on this? I don't have necessarily an amazing range but I'd love to give it a whirl.
    mikecsvu
    RE: Rock vocals and lyrics needed 2005/08/16 15:02:03 (permalink)
    I don't mind at all. It would just be neat to have someone do some lyrics and vocals and a real surprise for my son. Please just feel free to go ahead and do whatever you think fits. If you could let me have an mp3 with backing an dvocals and an mp3 of just the vocals that would just be brilliant!!!

Thank you so much for taking a crack at this. You are a star sir!
    RAiN0707
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 257
    RE: Rock vocals and lyrics needed 2005/08/16 15:05:40 (permalink)
    ha, believe me i am no star, but it gives me an excuse to get creative and practice my vocals. I'll see what I can to give it some good hard rock vocals. First I need to listen to song a bit more and memorize how long each musical passage is and get a feel for how much space each passage has for its own vocal melodies.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1