Roland Aira TR-8 as a Sound Card in Sonar

Author
MJames4208
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 97
2014/04/16 22:20:51 (permalink)

Roland Aira TR-8 as a Sound Card in Sonar

Does anybody use the TR-8? If so, can you explain to me how to use it as an audio device thru USB.
It shows up in the audio device setup, but it's grayed out and can't be checked. Is there away around this problem?

PS I"m not using the TR-8 as a primary. I'm just trying to stream the 16 independent audio outs via USB.

"I'm careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. For excellence I can strive for, but perfection is God's business."

5 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Roland Aira TR-8 as a Sound Card in Sonar 2014/04/16 22:26:03 (permalink)
    This suggests SONAR is running in ASIO mode set in Preference > Audio > Playback and Recording. The ASIO specification only permits one I/O device driver to be used at a time. Deselect the current I/O device in SONAR and the TR-8 will be available. Alternately, try a different driver mode.
    MJames4208
    Re: Roland Aira TR-8 as a Sound Card in Sonar 2014/04/16 22:57:50 (permalink)
    Ok, thanks.
    I was under the impression that I would be able to use both....

"I'm careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. For excellence I can strive for, but perfection is God's business."
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Roland Aira TR-8 as a Sound Card in Sonar 2014/04/16 23:05:20 (permalink)
    You may if SONAR is set to something other than ASIO mode or the driver manufacturer designed the ASIO driver to work with multiple devices of the types you have.
    MJames4208
    Re: Roland Aira TR-8 as a Sound Card in Sonar 2014/04/17 23:58:25 (permalink)
    All I want to do is access the 16 audio outputs via USB as advertised.......
    I'm happy with my current soundcard.....
    Life was soooo much more easier when companies used ADAT Lightpipe and/or Multiple outs...

vrpeter
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Roland Aira TR-8 as a Sound Card in Sonar 2017/09/22 17:37:18 (permalink)
    Has anyone resolved the issue raised about getting the TR-8 audio to go to different tracks in Sonar Platinum?  I initially got the greyed out boxes and after reading the comment about ASIO I've been trying alternate schemes such as trying WDM and ASIO4ALLv2 but I'm still having no luck.  Someone out there must have gotten this to work with Sonar.  It seems easy to do with Ableton Live but I've got too much invested in Sonar to switch at this point.

Also, has anyone been able to get the Roland TB-3 or VT-3 or System-1 to work with Sonar such that the audio streams are received over USB?  I haven't had luck with those devices either.

I'd really appreciate knowing if someone has worked out a solution in the last few years.  

(Unfortunately I just bought a mixer not expecting to need very many inputs so the analog route won't work for me - and I'd really rather not lug out my old Mackie 32 track).

I've searched the forums and repeatedly tried to reach tech support to no avail.  Using email for tech support hasn't worked for me in the past and takes forever.  

Thanks much, 
    Peter

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1