Helpful ReplyRoland Cloud

Author
mikedocy
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1157
2016/12/15 22:24:09 (permalink)

Roland Cloud

https://www.rolandcloud.com/

I am signed up with the free, 30-day, beta trial.
Anyone else know about this?
Unless I missed a thread, I am surprised that there is no talk about this.

Subscribe and pay a monthly fee to access vst versions of classic Roland hardware instruments.
IMO, it is still in its infancy --  but it could turn into a very good resource as more hardware synths are "converted" to vst and released.

bitflipper
01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
  • Total Posts : 26036
Re: Roland Cloud 2016/12/16 10:32:19 (permalink)
There might be more buzz if they provided any information about it. The website is apparently in beta, too. All I see is a png that reads "Roland Cloud (tm) Change the world through music".

Plus very brief descriptions of some sampled Roland synths. One's a "complete reproduction", another is a "total reproduction", one is a "modern reproduction". Presumably, readers are already intimately familiar with the hardware these emulate.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
Ham N Egz
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 15161
Re: Roland Cloud 2016/12/16 10:48:26 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby TerraSin 2016/12/16 11:38:36
Roland VST of their classic synths = GOOD

subscription version =  SUXs  no thank you not for me

only good thing its like a trial version you pay for, if you dont like the VST then you are only out what you paid for first month

Green Acres is the place to be
 I dont twitter, facebook, snapchat, instagram,linkedin,tumble,pinterest,flick, blah blah,lets have an old fashioned conversation!

JonD
Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3617
Re: Roland Cloud 2016/12/16 11:06:10 (permalink)
"1987" is the D-50. 

Synth enthusiasts have been waiting ages for Roland to release their own D-50 virtual emulation.

But the cloud aspect will put a damper on it for many.

SonarPlat/CWbBL, Win 10 Pro, i7 2600K, Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, 16GB DDR3, Radeon HD5450, TC Electronic Impact Twin, Kawai MP11 Piano, Event ALP Monitors, Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Too Many Plugins, My lucky hat.
MachineClaw
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1116
Re: Roland Cloud 2016/12/16 11:15:42 (permalink)
I don't need a "deeply sampled" D50 collection of 64 patches in a subscription model.  silly.

I own a D550 rack D-50 synth, I can fire up a sound any time I need one.  Why didn't they do a D-50 VST plugin instead of sampling it.  weird.

nothing they have released yet in VST has moved me.  even the System-1 VST plugin not a big fan of it.
TerraSin
Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1975
Re: Roland Cloud 2016/12/16 11:39:22 (permalink)
I've got it but not tried it out yet. I'm less than enthused about another subscription service.
mikedocy
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1157
Re: Roland Cloud 2016/12/16 12:36:13 (permalink)
Note: no credit card is required to sign up for the 30 day beta trial.

How do I Claim My Free 30 Day Subscription?

Here are some detailed instructions just in case there are any questions.  Feel free to skip to the coupon part of this mail if you are already familiar with Roland Cloud.

Create your account on Roland Cloud
  1. Navigate your browser to www.RolandCloud.com or click the button at the bottom of this mail.
  2. In the upper right hand corner of the page, select "My account"
  3. Select "Create Account."
Become a Member
  1. Fill out correct and accurate  member information.  Don't worry, we respect your privacy and will not share.
  2. We encourage you to read our "Terms of Use" and then agree  to them by selecting the checkbox.
  3. Click "Sign me up!"
Enter Your Code
  1. Once you have created your account and logged into the Roland Cloud site, click "Profile" on the Top menu.
  2. In the left Sidebar, select "Account."
  3. You will see a space for "Enter Promo Code."
  4. Type the code below into this space and click "Subscribe Now"
The coupon code is: CHANGE-THE-WORLD-THROUGH-MUSIC

Enjoy Your Free Subscription!

You now can download and authorize any of the available instruments from RolandCloud.com.  As more become available, you'll have access to those too.

Here are the instruments

What's Coming Next for Subscribers?

Unlike traditional musical instrument offerings tied to marketing websites, Roland Cloud is an actual service that brings unparalleled instruments to your fingertips while providing a place for artists and creators to call home.  We have big plans for you.

In the future we'll be delivering more instruments, community features and of course, community members.  This is Early Access Beta, and we'll be adding more and more features as time goes on.

Highlights include:
  • A regular cadence of high-fidelity instruments
  • Community and collaboration features in the Roland Cloud site
  • Access to exclusive instruments and creative tools as they become available
  • Contests, polls and user driven instrument development.  That's right.  Want your dream virtual instrument?  We'll make it for you.
We encourage you to share with friends, colleagues and family

As Promised, Here's Your Coupon:

One Free Month!

We thank you for your continued interest and really are excited for you to experience Roland Cloud first-hand. Please enter the code below into the subscription box on your account profile page in Roland Cloud:

CHANGE-THE-WORLD-THROUGH-MUSIC

Important Note

Fine Print that is Actually Useful
  1. The code above is good for a one month Roland Cloud Basic subscription.  Please see oursubscription policy for clarification.
  2. If you are already a current Early Access Beta subscriber and have already paid for a subscription, please contact us via our support page at www.RolandCloud.com/contact and let us know that you'd love your free month.  We will add it to your current subscription!
  3. If you cancel your account on Roland Cloud, this benefit will be lost. You can, however, upgrade to or cancel higher tiered subscriptions at any time. 
  4. Please feel free to use the Contact Us page on www.RolandCloud.Com if you have any issues.
  5. If you currently own any Roland PLUG-OUT Software Synthesizers, your original PLUG-OUT software synthesizers are  covered by  single software licenses and we encourage you to continue to use your original versions.  You can, however, enjoy unlimited access to all currently released PLUG-OUT Software Synthesizers with a valid Roland Cloud subscription.  
MachineClaw
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1116
Re: Roland Cloud 2016/12/16 14:29:15 (permalink)
Contests and Polls for my monthly subscription fee!?  sign me up! I love Polls, love love love filling out endless questions and seeing no results.  WOOHOOO! what a fabulous services that is being provided.

/sarcasm mode off
JohanSebatianGremlin
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 402
Re: Roland Cloud 2016/12/17 14:56:21 (permalink)
JonD
"1987" is the D-50. 

Synth enthusiasts have been waiting ages for Roland to release their own D-50 virtual emulation.

But the cloud aspect will put a damper on it for many.

Not just the cloud aspect. Ever since the VST's became a thing, everyone and their brother have wanted a hyper accurate reproduction of the D50 in soft synth form. Because of the legalities involved, Roland is the only one capable of producing such a thing. And this release shows they realize the demand is out there.

But Roland wouldn't be Roland unless they took this perfect money-making give the people what they want idea and found a new and clever way to Eff it up and get it wrong.

First off, its clearly not a D50 plugin. If it was, they would be calling it that. Based on what they're saying, its a collection of samples (presumably factory patch samples?) from an unnamed flagship synth from 1987 which we're left to assume is the D50. But lets face it, this is Roland so it wouldn't surprise me if this is just a bunch of MT32 samples. 

But even if it is the D50, samples of the factory patches aren't the reason I want a D50 plugin. If it was, $12 and 5 minutes on ebay could get that job done. The reason myself and everyone else wants a D50 plugin is so we can finally explore tinkering with the programming of that groundbreaking synth via a mouse and a computer monitor instead of weeding through menus via that long skinny god forsaken display for hours on end. So we can take parameters and assign controllers to them to allow real time tweaks on the fly and/or record and automate those tweaks for precise playback. And also, assuming Roland actually built it right and included such capability, so we can augment the original PCM sample set with imported samples and loops of our own choosing. How cool would that be?

And as if they hadn't eff'd it up enough already, they also had to get the sales model wrong. Oh no no no, you can't possibly buy this close but no cigar version of what you really wanted. No that would be far too easy. You really think we'd trust you to own such a thing? Instead, we'll rent it to you. Oye I just sprained my eye rolling muscles.

I'll be watching this as it develops for sure. But so far, its looking like just another example of why I have such a love/hate relationship with Roland.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1