Roland Quad Capture Wndows 10 driver - SOLVED!

Author
JohnTheRevelator
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6
2016/12/31 01:11:33 (permalink)

Roland Quad Capture Wndows 10 driver - SOLVED!

Hi!

I recently bought the Quad Capture and tried to make it work on my laptop the other day. But there is a problem... On Roland's website it says the driver for Windows 10 will download automatically when you connect it to your computer. But that doesn't happen. I even tried to make it search for the driver,  but it can't find it. I contacted Roland, but they basically said "You are not from the US, so who cares about your problems". They could've simply answered to my message. But no... And the driver for Windows 10 can't be downloaded from their website.  I really don't know what to do. Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks!
post edited by JohnTheRevelator - 2017/01/02 01:34:10

13 Replies Related Threads

Kamikaze
    Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3013
    Re: Roland Quad Capture Wndows 10 driver - please help! 2016/12/31 02:31:22 (permalink)
    Agree to the terms, click the orange download box at the bottom of the page.
    https://www.roland.com/us...e0f-a976-099590851f2a/

JonD
    Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3617
    Re: Roland Quad Capture Wndows 10 driver - please help! 2016/12/31 17:58:50 (permalink)
    JohnTheRevelator
    ...I contacted Roland, but they basically said "You are not from the US, so who cares about your problems". They could've simply answered to my message. But no... And the driver for Windows 10 can't be downloaded from their website....

What a bizarre stance for Roland to take.  They provide drivers for U.S. buyers but the rest of the world can take a hike?  If they didn't intend to help, isn't it better for them to not respond? Even one disgruntled buyer can make a lot of noise in an audio forum. 

SonarPlat/CWbBL, Win 10 Pro, i7 2600K, Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, 16GB DDR3, Radeon HD5450, TC Electronic Impact Twin, Kawai MP11 Piano, Event ALP Monitors, Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Too Many Plugins, My lucky hat.
    JohnTheRevelator
    Re: Roland Quad Capture Wndows 10 driver - please help! 2016/12/31 18:37:41 (permalink)
    Thank you both for your kind replies. I really hope I can solve this problem as soon as possible, since I can't wait to record some lovely, lovely music:)

@Kamikaze Yeah, of course I tried that. But that doesn't really download the driver. As it says on the top "This contains information on the QUAD-CAPTURE driver compatible with Microsoft Windows 10". So you download just instructions, which basically say the driver should download automatically when you connect the audio interface to you computer. So it doesn't solve anything.

@JonD They didn't actually say that. But pretty much... They just sent an automatic response which said they provide service and support only for customers in the US. And they gave me a number of some little reseller in my country that may help me. Though I doubt they will know much, since they are not really specialized for Roland products. Will call them soon, so I will check.

ampfixer
    Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5508
    Re: Roland Quad Capture Wndows 10 driver - please help! 2016/12/31 20:18:17 (permalink)
    Make sure you don't have windows set to deffer updates. That's the only reason I can think that it wouldn't D/L automatically. Your computer must be turned on when you attach the QC and try connecting to different USB ports. Find one that's on the motherboard if possible and not on a hub. It wont work on a USB 3 port.

Regards, John 
     I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
    WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
    JonD
    Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3617
    Re: Roland Quad Capture Wndows 10 driver - please help! 2016/12/31 21:38:45 (permalink)
    John,
    Does your laptop recognize your Quad-capture at all? IOW, does it show up in Device Manager?  Or in Programs?  If so, temporarily disable your antivirus, then uninstall the driver/software, disconnect the Quad-Capture then reboot your system. 

If you haven't already, try connecting it to a different USB port. 

SonarPlat/CWbBL, Win 10 Pro, i7 2600K, Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, 16GB DDR3, Radeon HD5450, TC Electronic Impact Twin, Kawai MP11 Piano, Event ALP Monitors, Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro, Too Many Plugins, My lucky hat.
    Kamikaze
    Re: Roland Quad Capture Wndows 10 driver - please help! 2016/12/31 22:22:17 (permalink)
    I can't remember what I did with mine. when I moved from Windows 8 to 10. Is it a new Quad or second hand? If second hand, have you tried doing system update on the Quad. You may have to do this from another PC, if you can't use the Quad on yours.

JohnTheRevelator
    Re: Roland Quad Capture Wndows 10 driver - please help! 2017/01/01 02:06:34 (permalink)
    @ampfixer But I made it search for the driver, so even if it didn't start searching for the driver automatically, it should at least find it when I make the computer search for it. But it just says it can't find it and that I should try to find it on the manufacturer's website. You sure it won't work on a USB 3 port? I mean, it is backwards compatible, so I think there shouldn't be any problem with that. I used an USB 2 external HD on the same port and it worked. It is not a hub...

@JonD It does actually recognize it in some way. It is listed in the device manager. It is listed under "Other devices". But under device status is just says "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28). There are no compatible drivers for this device. To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver." Of course I clicked on update driver, but it just said it can't find the driver for the device. I will try with turning the av off, uninstalling it and rebooting my system. I hope it will work. Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

@Kamikaze It is a brand new Quad Capture. Is the system update a must? I'm kinda afraid of it:) Because it says if your computer was to shut down while it's installing, you must send the Quad Capture to service and they will send it back once it's done. But that sounds like a bit of a drag:) I don't want to wait even more to finally use it. I mean, hopefully nothing would happen while installing, but still... Maybe I'm just a bit paranoid:)

I will go try the suggestions... Hopefully, one will work. Once again, thanks a lot for your kind help.

Kamikaze
    Re: Roland Quad Capture Wndows 10 driver - please help! 2017/01/01 02:14:23 (permalink)
    If it's new, it probably has the latest System Update

Maybe consider returning the Quad if you can.

Having one knob for the headphone and the speakers is a pain in ......
    If you play guitar, only one input is Hi-Z, so if yo want to jam with a bassist you both can't use the Hi-Z

JohnTheRevelator
    Re: Roland Quad Capture Wndows 10 driver - please help! 2017/01/01 02:59:54 (permalink)
    @Kamikaze Yeah, I agree that is a bit of a pain in...:) But I knew that before buying it and I still convinced myself to buy it, since I heard lots of good stuff about it. And the other thing you mentioned is not fabulous either, but it is my first usb audio interface and I suppose I can live with those minor annoyances. And I won't probably be recording two instruments at once, so that shouldn't be a big problem. Which usb audio interface do you think would be a good step forward after this one?

Anyway... UPDATE: (I should've started with this probably:))

IT IS WORKING!! And that makes me so happy (until I run into another problem:))... Anyway... It was kinda my fault, but I am still mad at Roland support for not replying to my question and for not having the driver ready to download on their website. I actually had it set so Windows doesn't automatically install driver, because I've heard it only caused trouble to some people. But it still thought it would work if I specifically ask Windows to search for a driver. But no... Anyway, I enabled "Always install the best driver software from Windows Update" in the "Device Installation Settings", disconnected the Quad Capture, reconnected it and made Windows search for the drivers with "Update Drivers" in the device manager. And then disabled the automatic updates again:) Don't want any troubles with drivers for my other devices... And that is it! I am kinda sorry I bothered you with this. But I really appreciate your help. You are all very kind people and I thank you very much. And by the way, I hope you all have a great new year!
    Kamikaze
    Re: Roland Quad Capture Wndows 10 driver - please help! 2017/01/01 03:17:39 (permalink)
    Ah cool.
    I'm not completly dissing the interface. I had an M-Audio Firewire 1814 for years before, and that was endless terrible, despite two of my laptops having the appropriate Firewire chip. I've had my Quad for over 5 years now and it sometimes disconnects, but since Sonar has improved the ability to re-connect with Audio and midi devices, it's much less of an issue.

Glad you are all sorted.

JohnTheRevelator
    Re: Roland Quad Capture Wndows 10 driver - please help! 2017/01/01 19:43:00 (permalink)
    I am even more glad:)

5 years? Well, I guess you like it more than I thought then:) Glad to hear that. Hope I will like mine too and have it for a long time. Until the time for an upgrade comes...

Once again, thanks to all you kind people and I guess we should close this post now:)

Kamikaze
    Re: Roland Quad Capture Wndows 10 driver - please help! 2017/01/01 20:20:20 (permalink)
    There's no actual closing of treads, but you can change the 'Please help' to 'SOLVED', by editing the title of your first post.

JohnTheRevelator
    Re: Roland Quad Capture Wndows 10 driver - please help! 2017/01/02 01:35:01 (permalink)
    You might be right...:) Thanks!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1