Helpful ReplyRoland Studio Capture sound quality

Author
ØSkald
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1248
2014/06/27 14:46:31 (permalink)

Roland Studio Capture sound quality

I have no place to test this. But is it sounding great or is it just like every else soundcard for $800? And is it cocked to one sample rate at a time? And you have to lock down every apps to change the sample rate to what you want, like the MOTU cards? I have the UltraLite and it annoys me to the point of getting a new card, like the Studio Capture. I need something clean sounding, and with great ability to record guitar and bass direct inn. I bought the Native Instrument Rig Kontrol 3 but it isn't good enough sounding. Too much cracking and muddy sound.
Sidroe
Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1954
Re: Roland Studio Capture sound quality 2014/07/27 10:17:06 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Jarsve 2014/07/27 14:14:19
Wow! I've been posting all morning about my transition from a MOTU 24IO to 2 Roland Studio-Captures! It seems MOTU is dis-continuing PCI support. That being said, I'll answer your questions,
1- Sound quality is phenomenal!
2- I never had any sample rate problems with either the 24 or the SCs. The sample rates for the SCs using MME drivers are full spectrum, most any rate you want up to 192 if I remember correctly. The only rates you have in ASIO is 44.1 and 48. I think my MOTU was the same way. Using Cakewalk, I run ASIO drivers for lowest latency on my system. Some others have better results with MME or WDM. I use 24 bit, 44.1k. I can get a little lower latency if I switch to 48k but 44.1 works great for me and there is no conversion other than bit rate.
The SCs also have a direct monitoring knob on it so you have zero latency by mixing the input of the interface with the output of the software.
If you will do a search for info on the SCs in the forums here, I did a long descriptive review of the setup of mine when I bought them last year. I couldn't be happier with them.
And NO, I'm not a big time big budget producer/musician. But in the years of my playing live and sessions I have worked with some pretty big heavyweights in the business. I have been professionally performing and recording for more years than I like to remember. I do all genres of music in my studio. Commercials, radio and TV, rap, rock jazz, you name it.
I tell you now that if I had to do it again, I would run to buy the Studio-Captures! They are that good. http://forum.cakewalk.com/Sidroes-Studio-Captures-and-Sonar-X2a-Adventures-m2855225.aspx

Sonar Platinum, Sonar X3e, Sonar X2a , Sonar X1 Expanded and 8.5.3 (32 and 64 bit), Windows 10 on a Toshiba P75-A7200 Laptop with i7 @ 2.4 quad and 8 gigs of RAM and secondary WD 1 Tb drive, Windows 10 desktop, Asus i5 @ 3.2 quad, 12 gigs RAM, 1 Tb drive, 1 500 gig drive, MOTU 24io, 2 Roland Studio Captures, Saffire 6 USB for laptop, Soundtracs Topaz Project 8 mixer, Alesis Monitor 2s, Event BAS 20/20s, Roland Micro-Monitor BA-8s, and 45 years worth of collecting FX, Mics, Amps, Guitars, and Keyboards!
AT
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10654
Re: Roland Studio Capture sound quality 2014/07/27 11:42:13 (permalink)
The sound quality is great, if it is the same as the VS700 and 100.  But then most interfaces sound great these days - even built-in preamps are good enough to get a professional job done.  You might not have bragging rights compared to the big boys, but you can certainly get the job done.

The rest of your questions - don't know.  I haven't used the studio capture.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
ØSkald
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1248
Re: Roland Studio Capture sound quality 2014/07/27 12:59:31 (permalink)
Cool. I will stick to the MOTU for now though. I don't have that much money at the moment. So I'll see to it in the fall.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1