Roland TD-3 and CbB

Author
JDNelson
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 19
2018/11/14 02:08:13 (permalink)

Roland TD-3 and CbB

I upgraded from Sonar 8 to CbB recently when I upgraded to a new computer (i7 8700K) and interface (Babyface Pro).  Problem I am having is this...
Previously I could output MIDI from the TD-3 brain into S8 and it triggered the correct kit pieces in BFD2.  Now, I am using a mio MIDI to USB adapter because my Babyface Pro MIDI is tied up with my Mackie Control.  No prob. got MIDI to output and can record BUT the kit pieces are not triggering properly.  Most of the drums trigger right but the high hat, floor tom and ride do not.  Floor tom is triggering a snare sound (?).
I went into instrument definitions but no TD-3 only Roland GS which I do not think is the same is it?
Do I need a (shudder) drum map?  I haven't had to muck with those since S6 or something with DFH hahaha.  Seems primitive. I have to think there is an easy way I am missing.

1 Reply Related Threads

JDNelson
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 19
    Re: Roland TD-3 and CbB 2018/11/15 03:07:40 (permalink)
    Well I solved it. In the case it can help an case it can help anyone else, it turns out the BFD2 key map for TD3 is not correctly mapped.  However.... the TD20 key map matches up ***perfectly*** with the TD3 module.  Go figure.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1