Roland TTS-1 synth + step sequencer question

Author
K_ralz
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2013/07/29 15:08:44 (permalink)

Roland TTS-1 synth + step sequencer question

So I noticed with the other basic sounds, when I select them, I can access them right away in the step sequencer. But with the TTS-1, there's so many different paths, how can I select JUST ONE, put it on the main track, and use it in the step sequencer? For example, I want to use some of the electronic drum sounds on the TTS-1, and make my own loops with the sequencer, how can I do that?

Thanks. 

8 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: Roland TTS-1 synth + step sequencer question 2013/07/30 08:24:19 (permalink)
    Don't use the simple instrument format when you first put TTS in the project. Be sure you have a midi track and an audio track.

Set the drums to midi channel 10. Then you can drag loops and such into the midi track and you will hear drums.

BTW: does MC6 have a step sequencer?  I'm not 100% sure since I know there are some things not in MC6 that are in other cake products..... and I don't use step sequencing in my music..... just wondering.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    K_ralz
    Re: Roland TTS-1 synth + step sequencer question 2013/07/30 08:31:48 (permalink)
    I'm totally grateful for your help, and I'll try out your solution when I get home (I'm at work right now) but how could you help me if you don't even use the step sequencer in your music, or know that there is one in the program! :P

If you scroll down on this link, there's a small section about it:

K_ralz
    Re: Roland TTS-1 synth + step sequencer question 2013/07/30 08:52:30 (permalink)
    Whoops, I guess there's a filter on URL's.
    K_ralz
    Re: Roland TTS-1 synth + step sequencer question 2013/07/30 08:53:46 (permalink)
    Just google "music creator 6 touch" and click on the features tab. Scroll down and you'll see a small screenshot of it!

Kalle Rantaaho
    Max Output Level: -5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7005
    Re: Roland TTS-1 synth + step sequencer question 2013/07/30 09:30:27 (permalink)
    K_ralz
    ... but how could you help me if you don't even use the step sequencer in your music, or know that there is one in the program! :P 

When you look at  Guitarhackers post count you can guess he's dealt with quite a few questions on these forums.
    There are many things in MC that I've never used, because I don't own MC, but still I can tell others how to use them, if not in full detail, but basics. 

To point instruments to different adresses, you need to have them on separate MIDI-tracks and channels, which Simple Instrument Track doesn't allow.

SONAR PE 8.5.3, Asus P5B, 2,4 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb RAM, GF 7300, EMU 1820, Bluetube Pre  -  Kontakt4, Ozone, Addictive Drums, PSP Mixpack2, Melda Creative Pack, Melodyne Plugin etc.
    The benefit of being a middle aged amateur is the low number of years of frustration ahead of you.
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Roland TTS-1 synth + step sequencer question 2013/07/30 10:15:30 (permalink)
    While I do not use the step sequencer or Simple Instrument Tracks, preferring to use the Piano Roll View and the old school Audio+MIDI track layout, I was able, in X2 to drag the TTS-1 from the browser to the project using a Simple Instrument Track, set the first instrument strip in the TTS-1 to the 025 Electric Set, add the Step Sequencer view (Alt+4 keyboard shortcut) and create a loop. Just that easy and it will work the same in MC6 Touch.

I did not worry about altering the MIDI channel, assigning track I/O or which track did what. I am not saying that all of that may not be relevant, useful and it might even be the way that I would work, it is just that it may not be necessary or even appropriate for a beginner. If the OP is interested in the fastest way to start creating loops in MC6T, the historical methods may not cut it. Learning the step sequencer might be a big enough hurdle, at least it is for me, but again, I am a PRV guy and have not spent any time with the step sequencer.
    K_ralz
    Re: Roland TTS-1 synth + step sequencer question 2013/07/30 10:55:00 (permalink)
    Thanks for all the help guys, I really do appreciate it. Sorry if I came off as an ass.

I'll try it all out when I get home tonight from work, in about 6 hours or so. 
    57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re: Roland TTS-1 synth + step sequencer question 2013/07/30 11:20:47 (permalink)
    K_ralz
    Whoops, I guess there's a filter on URL's.

New users are restricted in what they can put in posts.
    This too shall pass.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1