Roland buys major share in CW + revolutionary softsynth announcement cancelled

Author
ccmacdon
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 250
2008/01/17 23:10:36 (permalink)

Roland buys major share in CW + revolutionary softsynth announcement cancelled

OK, so all in the same day we hear that Roland has made a major investment in Cakewalk (not to be confused with majority), and we hear that the announcement of a revolutionary new softsynth that was scheduled for announcement this week has been cancelled.. is anybody else wondering what the connection is here??

Did this revolutionary softsynth threaten the foundation upon which all Roland Hardware synths were built? Did Roland realize that if this revolutionary softsynth is released their entire future produce line is redundant? huh...eh...hmm? Anyone else here more than a little suspicious...

Is everyone falling for that "Very recently our development team had some major insights on ways to dramatically improve the user experience of this instrument" story????

"You can expect more news on this later this year"... Later this year... what the f@#$??? that could be almost 12 months from now!

Rise up people... unite.. don't stand for this.. otherwise this revolutionary softsynth is going to be shelved in some warehouse with the wreckage from that area 51 spacecraft, the 1000 mpg aero car, and transporter technology (I know that they've got that... I saw it on tv).

Craig

5 Replies Related Threads

lawapa
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: Roland buys major share in CW + revolutionary softsynth announcement cancelled 2008/01/17 23:31:10 (permalink)
    Nah_____Conspiracy Theories are cool but I don't think this qualifies.

Hardware is one thing and software is another. They are related but if Cakewalk shelves it someone else will beat them to the punch. Not what you'd call a great business model huh? Roland and Cakewalk are in business to sell product and I suspect they have a relationship already.

Is this a possibility? A conspiracy to withhold the next great Cakewalk synth? Or a collaboration to make it even better?
    Nick P
    Max Output Level: -44 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3112
    RE: Roland buys major share in CW + revolutionary softsynth announcement cancelled 2008/01/18 01:48:04 (permalink)
    This is ridiculous. Whatever Cake is working on, they want more time to tweak it. That's all. Tons of software instruments are delayed or never make it to market. But it is interesting to consider something like a software Fantom. But really, that's just a souped up TTS-1. Rompling. Hardly revolutionary.

Cakewalk Forums - A Great Learning Resource For All Things Cakewalk!
    ccmacdon
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 250
    RE: Roland buys major share in CW + revolutionary softsynth announcement cancelled 2008/01/18 07:25:19 (permalink)
    Of course it's ridiculous, it was supposed to be.. apparently my sense of humour didn't shine through as I had hoped it would... Perhaps I should have included the sound track from the "twilight zone" with my post and that might have made the whole post a little clearer.. Craig

(ps as per my previous post on the roland buys Cakewalk thread I am a big fan of both companies and the arrangement)
    techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: Roland buys major share in CW + revolutionary softsynth announcement cancelled 2008/01/18 09:04:48 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: ccmacdon

Of course it's ridiculous, it was supposed to be.. apparently my sense of humour didn't shine through as I had hoped it would... Perhaps I should have included the sound track from the "twilight zone" with my post and that might have made the whole post a little clearer.. Craig

(ps as per my previous post on the roland buys Cakewalk thread I am a big fan of both companies and the arrangement)

LOL, Craig. Yeah, both companies have some cool stuff.
    lawapa
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: Roland buys major share in CW + revolutionary softsynth announcement cancelled 2008/01/18 16:50:58 (permalink)
    I'm a fan too. Hope we don't have to wait too long for then release of this new offering. Serrious? ______Nah_____ Just excited.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1