Roses And Thorns - NOW ITS FINISHED !

Author
THE NIGHT FOX
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 922
2012/06/17 01:18:48 (permalink)

Roses And Thorns - NOW ITS FINISHED !

I started this new post because the song I started last week is now completely finished .
I completely redid everything in this song , hope you like it if you decided to listen to it .

Comments optional , be nice please !

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11711069&q=hi&newref=1

James -The Night Fox

10 Replies Related Threads

LpMike75
    Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1621
    Re:Roses And Thorns - NOW ITS FINISHED ! 2012/06/17 02:32:18 (permalink)
    Hey James -

Around the 1:50 mark sounds really cool when everything kicks in

- Mike
    Sonar Platinum - M-Audio Profire 2626 , Pro Tools 11 HD Omni - PC I7 6850K - 64 G RAM - GeForce GTX 970
    http://www.soundcloud.com/michael-lizotte 
    Http://WWW.HomeRecordingWizard.Com
    HTTP://WWW.Facebook.com/HomeRecordingWizard
    Http://www.mjlmusic.com 
    THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:Roses And Thorns - NOW ITS FINISHED ! 2012/06/17 03:47:21 (permalink)
    LpMike75

Hey James -

Around the 1:50 mark sounds really cool when everything kicks in

Thanks Mike for the listen , yea it sort does really kick in at that mark in the song . I tried to add in some nice lead changes that would build through out the song .

Thanks for your comments Mike !
    James -The Night Fox
    jamesg1213
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 21760
    Re:Roses And Thorns - NOW ITS FINISHED ! 2012/06/17 04:58:26 (permalink)
    Good track James, one of your best I think. Nice to hear you upping the tempo a bit. The ending was a bit of a let down though, could use a nice fade-out there. One thing that did strike me as odd - a lot of the cymbal crashes fall on the '4' of the bar, instead of the '1', which I found a bit distracting. Nice powerful piece though, much better now.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
    logan86
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 133
    Re:Roses And Thorns - NOW ITS FINISHED ! 2012/06/17 07:31:31 (permalink)
    First impressions, I love the drums throughout the whole track. Really great energy, and just a really cool sound. Also combined with those synths that you're using it sounds like the intro music to one of those late 80's/early 90's action films set in somewhere like LA or Miami. You can just imagine a lot of aerial shots of the city and the beach and the main good guy/bad guy driving in a car. It really is very cool. Definite thumbs up from me! EDIT: For some reason this imaginary film also strikes me as something that could have Eddy Murphy in it.
    post edited by logan86 - 2012/06/17 07:33:38
    THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:Roses And Thorns - NOW ITS FINISHED ! 2012/06/17 11:55:51 (permalink)
    jamesg1213

Good track James, one of your best I think. Nice to hear you upping the tempo a bit. The ending was a bit of a let down though, could use a nice fade-out there. One thing that did strike me as odd - a lot of the cymbal crashes fall on the '4' of the bar, instead of the '1', which I found a bit distracting. Nice powerful piece though, much better now.

Thanks James , this song for some reason was tough as nails to get through for some reason. I almost gave up on it untill suddenly a spart hit me with a new idea or plan , glad I hung in there .
    The song was suppose to end suddenly with a crash cymbal , maybe I will try fading it out some more like your suggesting .

Thanks for the listen & comment !
    James

THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:Roses And Thorns - NOW ITS FINISHED ! 2012/06/17 12:12:53 (permalink)
    logan86

First impressions, I love the drums throughout the whole track. Really great energy, and just a really cool sound. Also combined with those synths that you're using it sounds like the intro music to one of those late 80's/early 90's action films set in somewhere like LA or Miami. You can just imagine a lot of aerial shots of the city and the beach and the main good guy/bad guy driving in a car. It really is very cool. Definite thumbs up from me! EDIT: For some reason this imaginary film also strikes me as something that could have Eddy Murphy in it.

Thanks Logan , this song started out not so good untill I finally had to rethink things over as far as song structure . What I had before was more or less two sections , was anything to get happy .
    I'm pretty happy with the way this tune turned out and during the process I found some new synth instruments in my music software that worked well for a keyboard guitar lead .
    Its not the real thing a real guitar but its works and sounds really nice and it helped lift up the song where it really needed a guitar type lead sound .

In this song I decided to use a guitar synth in my first verse and then I found a nice keyboard synth for my second verse section in the tune .
    Two different types of lead sounds , sounded pretty cool  in my ears so decided this would work great in my song .

Anyway thanks for your nice comment on my song , glad you song and the drum track .

James
    Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:Roses And Thorns - NOW ITS FINISHED ! 2012/06/17 12:19:37 (permalink)
    Perseverance does pay off.  I've had the experience of listening to one of my  tunes 100,000 times before I realize where it's going.  I like the choices you've made with all the synth textures which give this tune some depth, imo.  Congratulations for sticking with it.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:Roses And Thorns - NOW ITS FINISHED ! 2012/06/17 14:30:49 (permalink)
    Lynn

Perseverance does pay off.  I've had the experience of listening to one of my  tunes 100,000 times before I realize where it's going.  I like the choices you've made with all the synth textures which give this tune some depth, imo.  Congratulations for sticking with it.

Hi Lynn , thanks it rewarding to finally end up with a winner instead of a loser . Its not my best but in some ways I feel so far this is my best song to date but on the other hand I always say to myself this one my best and somehow end up trying to make the next song better then the last song .
    Paul of the Beatles was once ask  , Paul which song do you think is your best song ? His answer was my next song !
    I guess we all feel that way atlease I do , the thought in my mind is how can I make the next song better then the last song .

We are all human and we all have our bad days and good days , sometimes you just have to weather the storm and take some time to rethink a plan to get up off your feet and make things happen in a postive way .

Thanks for the comments !
    James
    bapu
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re:Roses And Thorns - NOW ITS FINISHED ! 2012/06/17 14:54:31 (permalink)
    On a Pass/Fail grading system.

Pass.

Good job James.
    THE NIGHT FOX
    Re:Roses And Thorns - NOW ITS FINISHED ! 2012/06/17 17:08:53 (permalink)
    bapu

On a Pass/Fail grading system.

Pass.

Good job James.

Thanks man , Dang I passed this time !
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1