• Total Posts : 72
2008/08/25 21:41:01 (permalink)

SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION

FYI:

GALBANUM RELEASES THE SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION

FULL PRODUCTION INFO

http://www.galbanum.com/products/secondcoming/

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Prepare for the Second Coming of the Galbanum Synth Expansion Line! First came the lamb - now comes the lion! These are not your grandma's well-behaved retro sounds! Galbanum's Second Coming Rapture Expansion focuses on aggressive high-energy dance music synths, monstrous techno & electro basses, industrial FX, and big-room arpeggiated chaos. It offers 400 pedal-to-the-medal presets based exclusively on 600MB of new custom resources developed for Cakewalk's award winning Rapture synthesizer.

PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS

• Over 600MB of new content 1,393 files in total!

• 400 new meticulously designed presets for Rapture and Rapture LE!

• Approximately 1,000 new resources

SPECIAL FEATURES

• Stereo Waveforms that produce sounds with massively huge, 3D-like spatial images! Stereo waveforms also give each preset a unique psychoacoustic signature through interaural phase differences allowing sounds to stick out of dense mixes without resorting to excessive effects usage that can muddy the mix.

• Obsessive and extensive use of the Modulation Matrix! and MIDI controller assignments which enable complex sound morphing.

• 80 custom, 64-bit, 65,536 point LFO Waveforms which allow complex fractal-like LFO shapes that cause modulations to morph between slow shifting and fast FM-like behavior.

• Velocity sensitivity, dynamic envelopes, FX input controls and other techniques are also used to produce incredibly expressive and dynamic presets which encourage performance, inspire creativity, and enhance usability.

• 40 velocity cross-faded multi-waveform SFZ instruments which allow velocity dependent shifting and morphing of timbre without even using filters.

• 16 special new "Spectrum Sample" SFZ instruments which stretch across eight octaves and consist of perfectly diffuse band-limited spectrums made up of over 2,000 voices each.

• Second Coming was developed for Rapture version 1.1 or later and makes extensive use of the its new features including new filter modes, new DSP transforms, new signal routing, tempo-synched envelopes, 64bit waveforms, stereo waveforms and more.

CREATIVE THEME

Exercise your demons on the dance-floor! The forces of nihilism and decadence collide with humanity in a collision of Hadron proportions. A postmodern peak-hour battle of Armageddon wages on the floor of the big room. Psychoacoustic weapons of mass destruction decimate the sub-woofers and dissolve the self. Accelerated aural mutations breed cybernetic nano-bots which bring about the singularity through tempo-synched white noise bursts. Fight or flight mechanisms, manufactured adrenalin rushes, and FUD disinformation campaigns battle for mankind's mental solvency. Second Coming provides a prophetic, techno-infused score to The End, offered in full technicolor and stereophonics. It's a social caveat, wrapped up in a full spectrum carnival, which warns us all to keep the battle within and identify the true opponent as ourselves.

CUSTOMER

Shock-and-awe sultans of swing and scrappy subterranean sunset soldiers seeking stupendous sound sorcery, stop searching and simply submit to superior scholarly skill. Subjugate silence, snub scant and slender sonance, secede from slanderously simple sensations, and suppress scandalously spineless sonics. Spew sub-harmonic shrapnel, sling splendid super-sonic spears, secure synthetic synaptic swords shrouded in secrecy, and strenuously stir up the signal with some sensationally stout sonic science. Swarm to our superluminal sonata and score steadfast sound with Second Coming.

Second Coming Rapture Expansion content is suitable for: Techno, Electro, Minimal, Progressive, House, Trance • DnB and Breaks • Electronica, IDM, and Left Field • Trip Hop and Glitch Hop • Film, TV, and Game Scoring • and any other music style that could use a serious kick in the...
post edited by GPD - 2008/08/25 21:43:07

Andrew Souter
Galbanum | sonic science aural allusion

www.galbanum.com

26 Replies Related Threads

torhan
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4271
    RE: SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION 2008/08/25 21:51:51 (permalink)
    Cool! Another thing to add to my wish list

Sonar Platinum
    Premier Tracks
    ASCAP
    :10:
    Max Output Level: -38.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3678
    RE: SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION 2008/08/25 22:18:13 (permalink)
    And I will add it to my already purchased list...

I like it. I still have to dig deeper into it though.

Nick P
    Max Output Level: -44 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3112
    RE: SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION 2008/08/26 05:49:44 (permalink)
    sigh. If only music were a hobby funded by my "real" well-paying and consistent career. Nice sounds, however. If I could ever find the time to settle down with Rapture, the right host, and a bunch of these expansion packs, these two Galbanums, as well as the Anderton would be definite purchases.

What about Kinetic? Will it host DXis? I need something so simple it forces me to focus on the synth, not the sequencer or DAW.

Cakewalk Forums - A Great Learning Resource For All Things Cakewalk!
    vespesian
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 517
    RE: SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION 2008/08/26 05:55:41 (permalink)
    I'm definitely getting this, simply based on how cool Pisces is.

Btw - all the "s"'s are gone. :)

You're in an amazing state.

So stay there.

vespesian
    RE: SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION 2008/08/26 07:37:48 (permalink)
    Uh - just got the windows package - the installer doesn't work (Vista32).....guess I gotta do it by hand....

So stay there.

jamescfrank
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 48
    RE: SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION 2008/08/26 08:02:15 (permalink)
    i bought this yesterday and found it to be HOT~HOT~HOT

Wet Dentist is DEAD
    torhan
    Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4271
    RE: SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION 2008/08/26 08:33:55 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: jamescfrank

i bought this yesterday and found it to be HOT~HOT~HOT

How's CPU usage? I may have to upgrade my DAW soon anyway

Sonar Platinum
    Premier Tracks
    ASCAP
    GPD
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    RE: SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION 2008/08/26 10:37:39 (permalink)
    the installer doesn't work (Vista32).....guess I gotta do it by hand....

This is very odd. It is working for some people (and works perfectly on my local machine), but not others and it is seemingly dependant on where it is downloaded/unzipped to and maybe how it is unzipped. I am looking into this, and will figure out the cause of the issue and fix it ASAP.

To be clear this effects only the Windows installer. There are no problems with the Mac installer.

If you attempt the install by hand and DO NOT already have Piscis, you can follow the instructions given for the manual install of Piscis here: http://www.galbanum.com/products/piscis/pdf/Galbanum_Piscis_Installation.pdf

If you DO have Piscis installed already, this gets complicated though becuase you must merge the contents of the Galbanum Architecture folders of both, keeping all files in their proper directories in both. This is rather tedious to do by hand, and easy to make a mistake.

I am looking into the installer issue and should figure out the variables, cause, and solution shortly.

The only other complication is that I am driving 8 hours today to upstate NY for a hiking trip, so hopefully I may figure something out in the next two hours or so...

post edited by GPD - 2008/08/26 10:38:22

Andrew Souter

www.galbanum.com
    GPD
    RE: SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION 2008/08/26 10:39:19 (permalink)

How's CPU usage?

Generally is should be lighter than Piscis.

Andrew Souter

www.galbanum.com
    mumpcake
    Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1609
    RE: SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION 2008/08/26 10:49:59 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Nick P
    What about Kinetic? Will it host DXis? I need something so simple it forces me to focus on the synth, not the sequencer or DAW.

Kinetic hosts both DXi and VSTi instruments, plus you can export your work to P5.
    GPD
    RE: SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION 2008/08/26 13:05:44 (permalink)
    For whatever reason (I am not sure why at the moment), it seems the installer folder must be placed in /yourdrive/Program Files/

If the installer folder is placed there, the installer will run without any problems. If you try to run it from any other location, it may not launch. I suspect it has something to do with the new Windows security features.

So thankfully, I think I have a simple sollution: place the unzipped "Galbanum Second Coming Win Installer" folder directly in /Program Files/ and click on the .exe Everything should work fine.

I will explore more after my vacation, or at least once I arrive in NY late tonight, and see if I can't get rid of this requirement.

Also if anyone purchases Piscis directly from my server at the same time as this, please install Piscis first, since the Piscis content on my server does not yet have an installer, and you will want the Second Coming installer to handle the mentioned folder merging logic. (If you purchased Piscis from the Cakewalk store, this version already feautures an installer, and the installation order is not important.) I will update my Piscis .zip on my server to incluse an installer too during the first week of Sept to accomodaten new customers who purchase both directly from me.

Summary: Please install Piscis first, if you are just now purchasing this. Please place the unzipped "Galbanum Second Coming Win Installer" folder directly in /Program Files/ and click on the .exe Everything should work fine. After the install you may move/delete the ""Galbanum Second Coming Win Installer" as you wish.

Thanks. Let me know how it goes.

Andrew Souter

www.galbanum.com
    GPD
    RE: SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION 2008/08/26 13:51:36 (permalink)
    Now i'm off to do this:

http://www.adirondackjourney.com/Santanoni_Range.htm

Looks fun! ;-)

Andrew Souter

www.galbanum.com
    jamescfrank
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 48
    RE: SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION 2008/08/26 14:43:34 (permalink)
    granted, i haven't been able to try out every sound yet, but my monocore pentium 4 2.5 Ghz 2gig RAM seems OK while running this both within Sonar 7PE, and also in P5.

Wet Dentist is DEAD
    inmazevo
    Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3276
    RE: SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION 2008/08/26 15:39:27 (permalink)
    Definitely going to get this, and piscis while I'm at it (did I spell that right?).
    I've been doing well with my "no new gear in 2008," so... I deserve it, right?

Anyway,
    Thanks for the continued work.

I did have one question, though:
    I use Rapture on both Mac and PC. Can I use the expansion pack on both, or do I need two purchases (the machine are not in use at the same time).

- zevo
    RE: SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION 2008/08/26 16:04:29 (permalink)
    I noticed that the installer didnt work within the first folder that the Zip file unzipped it to-

once I removed the second folder from the fist folder, then it installed with no issues. but as long as the second folder was still within the first folder,...then It wouldn't do anything.

(this is assuming everyone unzipped archive to a folder)

hope that makes sense

techead
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4353
    RE: SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION 2008/08/26 19:05:20 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Nick P

Kinetic will host DXis. But if you really want to focus exclusively on learning Rapture just spend half an hour here and an hour there using just the microhost for Rapture--basically the synth runs standalone. That is the best way to dig in because NO other software is in your way of learning Rapture. Also, with all the great sounds to use as examples, the book from Simon Cann, and the plethora of tutorials and info here and on the Wiki you get a really great jump start on learning it because other people have already picked apart the technical details so you don't have to experiment blindly.
    GPD
    RE: SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION 2008/08/27 00:39:39 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: inmazevo

Definitely going to get this, and piscis while I'm at it (did I spell that right?).
    I've been doing well with my "no new gear in 2008," so... I deserve it, right?

Yes, Piscis singular of Pisces.

Software/soundware is not "gear" so it doesn't count, everyone knows that... ;-)

I use Rapture on both Mac and PC. Can I use the expansion pack on both, or do I need two purchases (the machine are not in use at the same time).

No. I can allow a second download to use on a second platform. I can give an extra download to anyone who needs it for these cases. We'll just try the honor system on this and trust that no will abuse it. I like to say yes to requests whenever I can.

Andrew Souter

www.galbanum.com
    vespesian
    RE: SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION 2008/08/27 02:48:24 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: GPD

the installer doesn't work (Vista32).....guess I gotta do it by hand....

If you DO have Piscis installed already, this gets complicated though becuase you must merge the contents of the Galbanum Architecture folders of both, keeping all files in their proper directories in both. This is rather tedious to do by hand, and easy to make a mistake.

No kidding ...but i did it, and it works fine cuz nothing will basically stop me from gettin my hands on amazing sounds. And these are so cool...I really like the "black" synth section, they modulate so beautifully. Awesome awesome set.

So stay there.

Nick P
    Max Output Level: -44 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3112
    RE: SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION 2008/08/27 09:13:49 (permalink)
    Great advice. But I need something to at least get some kind of groove going! Of course with that comes the distraction and hence the focus taken off Rapture. I need like a mini Project 5 or something. Just enough sequencing to hear it with drums and bass, but not too much to take my focus off Rapture. But thanks for the advice!

Cakewalk Forums - A Great Learning Resource For All Things Cakewalk!
    GPD
    RE: SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION 2008/08/27 11:09:50 (permalink)
    No kidding ...but i did it, and it works fine cuz nothing will basically stop me from gettin my hands on amazing sounds. And these are so cool...I really like the "black" synth section, they modulate so beautifully. Awesome awesome set.

You should not need to do this (manual install) if you follow these guidelines:

Summary: Please install Piscis first, if you are just now purchasing this. Please place the unzipped "Galbanum Second Coming Win Installer" folder directly in /Program Files/ and click on the .exe Everything should work fine. After the install you may move/delete the ""Galbanum Second Coming Win Installer" as you wish.

One other note: if anyone has challenges unzipping the download file, I reccomend trying "Stuffit Expander" to unzip, since this is what I used to zip the files.

I am off to an overnight hike now, but will return on Thursday night (hopefully ;-) ) if anyone needs more help.

Andrew Souter

www.galbanum.com
    GPD
    RE: SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION 2008/08/30 12:57:31 (permalink)
    I have survived the hike and am back with only some muscle soreness and mosquito bites as battle scars. ;-)

So, if anyone needs anything or has further questions, I am checking in periodically.

I am back to the office/studio on Sept 03.

Andrew Souter

www.galbanum.com
    burkek
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1104
    RE: SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION 2008/09/01 10:30:15 (permalink)
    I'm happy to say I've also purchased this Rapture expansion (downloading now). I'd also like to compliment Andrew on the brilliant web site design. It's so easy to use and contains all the right info in the right places. Very user-friendly. Andrew, you chose an artist who compliments your work. Can't wait to see what you come up with next! I'm looking for even more "edge".

KEv

www.kevinburke.ca

Macbook Pro 2017 | 4K monitor 
    AKAI S5000 x 3 | Korg Prophecy/Poly-61M | Alesis S4+/DM5 | Ensoniq Mirage x 2, ASR-10 | EMU e6400 | Roland S750 | Kawai K4r/XD-5/K3m | EMU Proformance/1+ | Waldorf uQ

agincourtdb
    Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4753
    RE: SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION 2008/09/01 21:31:13 (permalink)
    I can't get it unpacked from the zip file using Windows (VUx64). Keep getting the error "There is already a file with the same name as the folder name you specified. Specify a different name." which of course you can't because it's the files within the zip. However I was able to unzip it with 7zip. I seem to remember having this problem with Piscis also? hmmm. You might want to give the html file and the folder unique names in the zip file.

Anyway, once the installer was unpacked it installed fine from Program Files. :-)

RE: SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION 2008/09/02 11:25:30 (permalink)
    I'm looking for even more "edge".

I agree with Kev. I think your next venture should be more,...harsh. maybe more industrial/dark oriented.

GPD
    RE: SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION 2008/09/06 15:14:07 (permalink)
    OK. I'm back. Sorry for any slowness in my communications but this is where I was:

So how does everyone like this expansion?

More dark/harsh/industrial/edge material huh? I might have nightmares if I push myself in that direction... ;-) We already have enough to worry about in world politics don't you think?

There is a third expansion planned already. It will be released sometime in the next 90 days. There is some stuff like this already on it, but I'm not sure if it will be the focus exactly...

Andrew Souter

www.galbanum.com
    Russell.Whaley
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2755
    RE: SECOND COMING RAPTURE EXPANSION 2008/09/06 22:37:24 (permalink)
    Love the Black synths.

Oh, and my 4-year-old twin daughters vote for the stereo stacks, especially 01 and 02. I almost didn't get my computer back the other night, they were having so much fun making "noises" on the keyboard.

Another great x-pack!

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1