SEtting up my set up? Help required

Author
fournis
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 57
2006/07/21 20:16:03 (permalink)

SEtting up my set up? Help required

Here is the deal. I have thus far only used a direct box pre amph to offer power for mics and input mic lines. I want to up grade a bit and possibly purchase a compressor, and a tube pre amp to add to my mix. Do you all think it is worth while? And if so, how would I line all of this up: what would be the order I would need to hook things up? Like what, mics to pre amp, pre amp to compressor, compressor to computer? Now, my set up is simple, mics to direct box, box to computer. Thanks in advance for assitance.

Peace
NIkosan

1 Reply Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: SEtting up my set up? Help required 2006/07/21 22:45:06 (permalink)
    It really depends on how much you want to learn and invest (time and $ wise). I don't have an external compressor - and don't plan to get one since there are so many good software ones. Can they achieve the same level of effectiveness? Maybe not, but I'm not willing at this point to invest that much into it. I would love to have a really good tube pre, but not for a while yet due to budget.

Since I don't use an external compressor, I can't tell you how to hook it up. I'm sure Joe or Robo or someone knows. If not, post your question on the Techniques forum - I'm sure someone there can help you pretty quickly.

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1