SFZ / WAV Distortion Test

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
stratcat33511
Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3636
RE: SFZ / WAV Distortion Test 2007/12/15 11:09:41 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: DaveClark

Unfortunately, René's description of what happens when you contact Tech Support about this problem, complete with links to a description of the problem, is simply NOT TRUE. Been there, done that.

P.S. Sadly:

René has also accused someone or more than one person of having reported back on this problem after disguising their identity. I can state categorically that I myself DID NOT DO THIS. Given that I started this thread which automatically associates my name with this accusation, René should not leave this potentially libelous situation in its current state. Either retract the accusation or provide more details. Assuring everyone that it wasn't me should be sufficient because no other name is so prominently connected with this problem and this thread. Thank you.

and for what it's worth it certainly wasn't me who disguised themselves !
I was not aware they thought one of us did this!
Preposterous !
I can guess it wasn't Dave as well.
Who the hell has the time to do that ?

I WANT DimPro to play and sound good in 48KHz or greater. PERIOD.
It doesn't. I use the new Wusikstation-problem solved( workaround )
I need my tools to work PERIOD
It's not happening-and i've been straight in expressing that I think we're being swept aside and blown off
I need to Keep On, work , and produce, and a lot of this crap is/was holding me back.

I am starting to be productive with other instruments and other platforms
I was forced to.
I still write with SONAR as much as I can work through the intermittent bugs I found that were ( IMHO )
ignored up until recently.( Automation anyone?)
I'd like to stick around and see these issues addressed and resolved

Not a standoff by any means, and I didn't mean to stir up anything.
Have fun , good luck
post edited by stratcat33511 - 2007/12/15 11:24:23
thx1200
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 92
RE: SFZ / WAV Distortion Test 2007/12/19 09:58:45 (permalink)
and for what it's worth it certainly wasn't me who disguised themselves !
I was not aware they thought one of us did this!
Preposterous !

I'm guessing they saw the same IP address for two users and figured it was a dupe, when it just as easily could have been two people in the same region on the same ISP, or working at the same large company. I know somebody here is also living around RTP, NC, like me, so I hope they don't think it was me. I don't have time either. And I have my unique cakewalk serial numbers with my name associated with them in multiple support requests. Either way, it's a bit unprofessional to write in a forum those things, even it's true, when you are "representing" the company in your posts. The better approach is to just ignore the forum rather than create controversy.

Either way, hoping this gets fixed soon like the other bug reports out there, like the pitch bend puke and the newly discovered Rapture puke with too much polyphony on certain patches. Looking forward to testing that one out.

Wusikstation looks awesome. Might be a good addition to my arsenal. It certainly is stable from my tests so far. I'm still not giving up on Dimension and CERTAINLY not Rapture (rapt works pretty darn well most of the time) just because I love the presets so damn much. Not to mention the MASSIVE filter list not present in Wusikstation! Sigh. Remember the days of hardware samplers that just... like... WORKED? :-) Old fogey, I am.
stratcat33511
Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3636
RE: SFZ / WAV Distortion Test 2007/12/20 15:40:51 (permalink)
Aging myself !

Me neither- never give up never surrender
For 24bit/44.1K it sounds great.
It sometimes doesn't play or make sounds but
it's another tool in the arsenal,
which after cleaning up my VSTi folder,
DimPro is still in there!

12 to go

thx1200
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 92
RE: SFZ / WAV Distortion Test 2008/01/30 11:37:00 (permalink)
Bump! Any updates? Anybody?
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1