SI - Bass - Latency with A500S Keyboard

Author
ryryrecords
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13
2013/01/04 12:26:07 (permalink)

SI - Bass - Latency with A500S Keyboard

Hi there, I know the issue of latency is all over these forums. I am having a particularly weird problem with latency only happening with the included Studio Instrument - Bass Guitar. I do not have MIDI latency when using Dimension Pro or when using Session Drummer in X1. So I'm a bit confused. I have updated my AI drivers and the A500S drivers. They were up to date and I simply reinstalled them. I am not sure what is causing this issue. When I use SI-Bass I go with Midi Source and Simple Instrument Track and my settings are for MIDI in and out to be A500S. I wasn't sure if I should have set the A500S as the output. I basically only need to send info. in, but I don't know much about MIDI. I have noted that my AI, the M-Audio Fasttrack C-400 has a MIDI in and output on it. If I had a MIDI cable I would try to plug direct into my AI and see if that reduced latency. I don't have access to a cable and I would have to order one, so if that's the answer I want to make sure. Also I should note that I have tried muting most tracks when I do record the SI-Bass. I usually just keep my vocal and rhythm guitar on and have everything else muted. I don't know if muting does the trick, but with the stats of my PC there shouldn't be a huge issue. I am not a big fan of freezing tracks because I like to keep my options open until the mix is done. I also am not sure if there is some menu somewhere where I can adjust MIDI latency or buffers. If you know of one, please let me know and I'll check it out. The results I am getting are off by less than a quarter note and what I have been doing is going into Piano Roll View and realigning the notes or re-writing the bass part. It works, but it's not what I'd like to spend my time doing. Any help is much appreciated. Ryan
post edited by ryryrecords - 2013/01/04 12:28:02

2 Replies Related Threads

tomixornot
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1674
    Re:SI - Bass - Latency with A500S Keyboard 2013/01/04 12:51:06 (permalink)
    While waiting for a solution, you can open another Dim.Pro for a bass sound and record your music first. Then, just drag the whole track to SI Bass..  at least you don't have to kept aligning notes for now.

Albert

i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz / MB Intel DP67BG / 16GB Ram
    - ADATA 250GB SSD (Boot)
    - Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB HDD (Samples)
    Audio interface : Motu 828 MK ii

i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz / MB Asrock Z170 / 16GB Ram
    - Samsung EVO 850 120GB / 500 GB SSD

Audio interface : Roland Quad Capture

Win 10 Pro / Sonar Platinum
    ryryrecords
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13
    Re:SI - Bass - Latency with A500S Keyboard 2013/01/04 14:39:26 (permalink)
    That is actually an EXCELLENT idea! Way to think around the problem!
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1