Helpful Reply(SOLVED) Export & Import Multi-Track Templates?

Author
Etmos
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 50
2013/10/29 13:20:39 (permalink)

(SOLVED) Export & Import Multi-Track Templates?

I feel like this is a simple request, surely I'm just missing the option somewhere?

I know how to save a single track as a template (such as a vocal track w/ effects, so I can pull it up in the middle of a project at any time...)
I know how to save a full song's track layout as a template, so that I can start a new project, and pull up the same settings for the full project...

What I'm WANTING to do is, save several tracks from a project, to pull them up in the middle of another project.  AS AN EXAMPLE:
1.  Let's say I'm writing a song with a new blank project, and so far I only have a couple of acoustic guitar tracks, and some vocals.
2.  I decide that I'd like to add drums, and I have a 16 track drum mix that I really like from another project, that I would like to now import into this project.

My current solutions:
1.  I can export the handful of tracks in my current project, as individual audio tracks.  And then start a new project using a project template that has my drum mix on it, and then import the handful of tracks into that.

2.  I can save all of my individual drum tracks as track templates, and then go through one by one in my current project and say "Insert Kick Template, Insert Snare Template, Insert Floor Tom Template, etc..." 16+ times...

MY QUESTION IS:
Is there any way for me to save JUST the drum multi-track mix from a session, and then insert that in the middle of another session?  (So in my original example, I already have some guitars, and vocals, and decide I want drums, so click "Import Drum Multi-Track Template" (or something like that) and have it instantly create 16 tracks, all with the proper plugins, etc...

I THINK that explains what I'm trying to do... Let me know if anybody has any solutions for me, OR any questions that you need me to clarify.  Thanks in advance!
post edited by Etmos - 2013/10/29 13:38:20
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Export & Import Multi-Track Templates? 2013/10/29 13:30:31 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby dubdisciple 2013/10/29 13:38:19
It is just like creating a single track template except it has more tracks.

Create an instance of the drum synth including all tracks and buses. Configure the drum synth and anything else on the tracks and buses. Select the tracks and buses and save as track template.

Then insert the template whenever needed.
Etmos
  • Total Posts : 50
Re: Export & Import Multi-Track Templates? 2013/10/29 13:38:07 (permalink)
Thanks!  I don't know what's wrong with me... I probably spent a good 25-30 minutes looking through every single menu & submenu I could find, trying to find some way to save/import multiple tracks simultaneously... But yeah, you're correct.  I just had to highlight the tracks that I wanted, and then save track template, and it works perfectly.  Thanks a lot for the quick answer!  Problem solved.

P.S.  (And I was referring to live drum tracks, not a synth, but it still works the exact same way...)  Awesome BASIC feature, but it's going to save a TON of time in future projects for me.
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Export & Import Multi-Track Templates? 2013/10/29 14:06:09 (permalink)
Yeah, it does not matter, tracks are tracks. Track templates are a real time saver. FWIW, you can also create a project templates too. Project templates are saved using the regular "Save As" function with "Save As" type set to template.
Soloman1
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Export & Import Multi-Track Templates? 2018/02/28 17:15:51 (permalink)
I need Help,
I loaded sonar studio x3 on my new operating system. All works well and I can create my own track template, but the track templates that are usually displayed in the quick start did not load when I downloaded the product. Is there a way to insert the pre installed track templates in the quick start menu.?
Sam
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1