SOLVED: Home Studio 2004 won't record midi
I reset my computer to factory condition (factory reset). Then I re-installed Home Studio and my Tascam audio interface a second time. Everything works fine now. You can read below to see all that didn't work.__________________________________________________________________
Anybody have any ideas? I've given details below.
OS: Windows 7
Audio Interface: Tascam US 144 MKII
Keyboard: Kurzweil PC3x
All midi tracks will arm for recording but they won't actually record.
Events leading up to the problem:
1. I was running both Pro Audio 9 and Home Studio 2004 at once.
2. My PC3x acted up and made weird noises that sustained.
3. The PC3x would no longer play with local control turned off in midi mode.
4. Midi tracks would no longer record in Home Studio, but they would in Pro Audio.
5. Audio tracks would record in both.
What I tried:
1. I upgraded my PC3x to the latest operating system. I figured it was either do that or else perform a hard reset back to factory settings.
2. I re-installed Home Studio.
3. Midi inputs and outputs were assigned correctly to my audio interface.
What's happening now:
1. My PC3x will once again play with local control turned off in midi mode.
2. Home Studio will not record midi, but Pro Audio will.
3. Home Studio will play back midi files.
post edited by peggysuechan - 2016/07/08 15:32:42