[SOLVED] ** OCTA-CAPTURE Issues UPDATE: VS Expand "USB Controller Does Not Match"

Author
Beeej21
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 115
2018/01/07 05:29:16 (permalink)

[SOLVED] ** OCTA-CAPTURE Issues UPDATE: VS Expand "USB Controller Does Not Match"

I am not sure if this is yet another fatality of one of the latest Win 10 updates, but I am suddenly not able to see my Octa-Capture on my Win 10 machine.

It worked a few months ago just fine.  Now, no joy.  I'm wondering now, if it ever actually worked in Windows 10 at all!!  I've been on Win 10 for over a year, so I want to say that yes, it did... but I can't say for certain.

I am trying to use the Octa in Expanded Mode with my VS700 system and have in the past, used it splendidly, but suddenly today my OS cannot find it to save its life!  The USB connections are on the same USB 2.0 bus, the Octa-Capture is on, plugged in, and when I launch the Control Panel I get an odd error saying it can't be found.  It is definitely being seen by the system though... unplugged and plugged it again... Windows acknowledges both times that a device has been removed and then added again.

Does anyone have any input, ideas, or experience with this?  Thanks for any help.

post edited by Beeej21 - 2018/01/24 19:49:24

DAW: Sonar Platinum, Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit**Computer: Intel i7 980x HexaCore Extreme 3.33gHz, Kingston HyperX 24GB RAM, ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 MB, 2x 300GB V-Raptor HDD, 4TB RAID-0 VST/Sounds HDD**Hardware: VS 700 System, Kurzweil SP2XS, Akai MPK49** SoundCloud

5 Replies Related Threads

Beeej21
    Re: OCTA-CAPTURE Issues (Control Panel saying "Device Not Found") 2018/01/07 07:26:46 (permalink)
    Ok.. so I found an article online from Roland that says Windows 10 will do an auto update of the Octa Capture Drivers.  So I uninstalled the current (latest) driver, and went through the Win 10 update route.  The latest driver installed perfectly (v.1.5.2)!!  I launched the Octa Capture Control Panel and wallah! the device was found.  I was able to make all the changes and set the unit into Expansion mode for the VS700 unit.  Here's the updated screenshot:

So now you would think everything would be good to go, right?  NOPE.

Upon opening the VS700 Driver/ASIO panel... now it says that the USB Controller does not match.  UGH!!  Before it just said OFF or whatever, because the device (Octa Capture) wasn't found.  Now that it is found, I don't know what to make of this Controller Doesn't Match idea.

I am running the latest updates/versions of both units, AND the USB cables are plugged into the same controller (close to each other) on the PC.  Please...someone, shed some light on this for me.  Thanks so much.
    post edited by Beeej21 - 2018/01/07 20:41:29

DAW: Sonar Platinum, Windows 10 Ultimate 64bit**Computer: Intel i7 980x HexaCore Extreme 3.33gHz, Kingston HyperX 24GB RAM, ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 MB, 2x 300GB V-Raptor HDD, 4TB RAID-0 VST/Sounds HDD**Hardware: VS 700 System, Kurzweil SP2XS, Akai MPK49** SoundCloud
    Beeej21
    Re: OCTA-CAPTURE Issues (Control Panel saying "Device Not Found") 2018/01/13 07:31:14 (permalink)
    So I called Roland support today hoping that I might be able to get an answer on this issue... unfortunately, the really nice guy I spoke with said that firstly, the VS 700 system was before his time there at Roland and that there was no one left on the support staff with any experience or knowledge of pairing the Octa Capture with the VS system.  Ugh.

Worse, he had no clue what the error message "USB Controller Does Not Match" might even begin to mean.  He had never heard of it.

So,.. that was a dead end for me.

My hope now is that someone happens to stumble across this thread here who has successfully connected the Octa Capture with the VS 700 in Windows 10... remember, we had to tweak the driver files so that the VS 700 System would work in Win 10.  I am wondering if there is another tweak out there that needs to be done to resolve this USB controller issue.  Sigh.

Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
    Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2819
    Re: OCTA-CAPTURE Issues (Control Panel saying "Device Not Found") 2018/01/23 07:10:27 (permalink)
    Beeej21

I am running the latest updates/versions of both units, AND the USB cables are plugged into the same controller (close to each other) on the PC.  Please...someone, shed some light on this for me.  Thanks so much.

are you sure the USB controllers are wired internally to same USB root hub? i only recently discovered that not all of mine are (as I did not build the machine myself) ... you should be able to find out via device manager if vs-700 and octa-capture are switched on

I still have the octacapture+vs700 connected but rarely use it. I'm positive it VS EXPAND mode works on win10 (i used it for a bit before moving on to MOTU) ... last time I had switched on this fall back solution was back in Nov ... there it seemed fine.

sorry, with Sonar dead I rarely visit the forum. PM me if I can be of further assistance!

GOOD TUNES LAST FOREVER
      +++   Visit the Rehab   +++

DAW: Platinum/X3e, win10 64 bit, i7-3930K (6x3.2GHz), Asus Sabertooth X79, 32 GB DDR3 1600MHz, ATI HD 5450, 120 GB SSD OCZ Agility3, 2x 1TB WD HDD SATA 600
    Audio-Interface: 2x MOTU 1248 AVB, Focusrite OctoPre, (Roland Octa-Capture)   Control-Surface: VS-700C 
    VSTi: WAVES, NI K10u, FabFilter, IK, ... (too many really) 
    gswitz
    Max Output Level: -18.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5694
    Re: OCTA-CAPTURE Issues (Control Panel saying "Device Not Found") 2018/01/23 12:02:03 (permalink)
    Try plugging them into different USB ports. Sounds silly, but easy and inexpensive to try.

StudioCat > I use Windows 10 and Sonar Platinum. I have a touch screen.
    I make some videos. This one shows how to do a physical loopback on the RME UCX to get many more equalizer nodes.
    Beeej21
    Re: OCTA-CAPTURE Issues (Control Panel saying "Device Not Found") 2018/01/24 19:48:43 (permalink)
    Rob[atSound-Rehab]
    Beeej21

are you sure the USB controllers are wired internally to same USB root hub? i only recently discovered that not all of mine are (as I did not build the machine myself) ... you should be able to find out via device manager if vs-700 and octa-capture are switched on

I still have the octacapture+vs700 connected but rarely use it. I'm positive it VS EXPAND mode works on win10 (i used it for a bit before moving on to MOTU) ... last time I had switched on this fall back solution was back in Nov ... there it seemed fine.

sorry, with Sonar dead I rarely visit the forum. PM me if I can be of further assistance!

gswitz
    Try plugging them into different USB ports. Sounds silly, but easy and inexpensive to try.

Rob[at]Sound-Rehab and gswitz, I thank you both very much for your input and suggestions.

Now, I am going to expose myself here and let you all know what an idiot I feel like.  This whole time while trying to solve this issue, I have been unplugging and plugging in the VS-700 C (the Console) USB connection to no avail!!  What I should have been doing was focusing on the VS-700 R (the Rack) unit instead!!!!!  It actually occurred to me late last night in a dream, seriously... that I was not focusing on the right unit!

The first unplug and plug of the VS-700R unit to a USB connection on the same bus as the Octa Capture... and wallah! I am up and running!!!

SO MUCH RELIEF!

Please pardon me, everyone for the complete oversight.  Hopefully, my experience will help someone else avoid the same frustrating issue.

Thanks again!

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1