SONAR 4 Midi driver problems??

Author
pjkemp
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 57
2005/06/13 19:56:02 (permalink)

SONAR 4 Midi driver problems??

I have and M-Audio 2x2 USB controller and and M-Audio 192 running on Windows XP Pro SP2.

Sonar 4.0.2 occasionally fails to respond to midi input signals from these devices.

The only thing that seems to work to 'reconnect' these devices is either exit Sonar and restart or to go to the options-midi dialogue, click ok (yes, just ok, and nothing more), and that seems to force a re-scan of the available midi in/out ports...

One would think that a re-scan of that type would be an automatic thing..

Plus I have NO idea why the devices seem to be disappearing from Sonar...

Any ideas? Is this a bug/feature...

Please let me know what you know about this 'problem'

Cheers
PK

4 Replies Related Threads

LoopJunkie
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2466
    RE: SONAR 4 Midi driver problems?? 2005/06/13 20:14:45 (permalink)
    First thing to check is all cables, it sounds like the devices are getting lost and found again on the system. Whenever e.g. the MIDI interface disappears - check XP's device manager. It may also be one USB connector on the PC - try a different one. I have front and back USB connectors - the front is less reliable on my PC when used with a scanner.
    post edited by LoopJunkie - 2005/06/13 20:17:15

loop

scottfa
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 453
    RE: SONAR 4 Midi driver problems?? 2005/06/13 20:52:42 (permalink)
    I have similar problems with my Midisport 2X4. I can olny use the front USB ports. According to M-audio(after about 3 weeks of little to no response) hot plugging the USB is necessary for some USB interfaces. I am hoping to return it and try out the Edirol stuff. I have heard good things about them.
    pjkemp
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 57
    RE: SONAR 4 Midi driver problems?? 2005/06/13 22:02:09 (permalink)
    Please remember this is not a USB problem. It happens with the Delta 192 which is PCI bus connected on the MIDI input/output....

This is sounding like a M-Audio driver problem... Anyone from cakewalk wanna chime in???

I'll try to ping m-audio but won't get a chance until wednesday due to a travel day tomorrow..

Cheers
    PK
    Blades
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3246
    RE: SONAR 4 Midi driver problems?? 2005/06/14 08:05:25 (permalink)
    I have this issue on the USB OmniStudio, bu tnot on my Midisport 4x4. I know that I originally had issues with the 4x4 not seeing all of it's ports, but that had to do with getting ALL the part of the driver in - seems like there would be two parts, but a third reboot would find the third and lock in the missing ports. I think they may be two different issues, but it is quite annoying to have to go and remove/readd the midi ports at the midi devices in Sonar - which then would make me reconfig the drum maps which lost their setting, etc. I have a Layla on the way. Hopefully THAT will allievieate my issues.

Blades
    www.blades.technology  - Technology Info and Tutorials for Music and Web
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1