SONAR 8.5 x64 Not finding Dimension Pro on scan [SOLVED]

Author
sanelso2
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 73
2010/07/21 00:10:17 (permalink)

SONAR 8.5 x64 Not finding Dimension Pro on scan [SOLVED]

I just downloaded and installed the Dimension Pro 1.5 x64 update for SONAR 8.5.  After installing the the DP 1.5 update, the install completed smoothly.  The  "Dimension Pro x64.dll" was installed on my external harddrive VSTPlugin locatrion (G:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins), everything else went to defualt locations.

However, after starting SONAR 8.5 up, only the older "Dimension Pro.dll" (32bit) was available.  I re-scanned and re-booted and rescanned SONAR again a number of times and also tried to use the plug-in manager to specify the correct *.dll file.  Unfortunately, SONAR was unable to find my new DP 1,5 update and keep only loading the older DP 32bit version (1.2).  Also, I found out that the plugin manager will not let me change plugin paths (as I wanted to deselect "Dimension Pro.dll" and select "Dimension Pro x64.dll" instead).

After a number of additional tries, I deleted (really I moved to my desktop) the "Dimension Pro.dll" file.  From there I restarted and rescanned my plugins in SONAR.  SONAR still didn't find my DP 1.5.  So then I copied the older version back into the Vstplugins folder, and after restarting and rescanning, SONAR finally found the DP 1.5 x64 update.

I'm not sure why this happened.  The Rapture x64 update installed and was found i SONAR with no probelm.

In any case, i just thought this may help if any one else ran into the same issue.

Cheers!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
SONAR X1x 64-bit

Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 (2.5 Ghz) 6M L2 Cache 800Mhz Dual Core, Windows 7, 256MB NVIDA Quadro
----------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1