SONAR X1 PRODUCER ASIO4ALL

Author
blo114
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2010/12/12 05:38:24 (permalink)

SONAR X1 PRODUCER ASIO4ALL

I have recently purchased SONAR X1, but had to leave my usual home for the upcoming month. I would still like to at least start to get to know SONAR X1, as I had been using a different DAW and want to change. So the only option for me now is to use my laptop and ASIO4ALL.

Unfortunately the regular WDM sound card drivers create artefatcs even at 100ms of latency. My X1 does not see an ASIO4ALL "hardware", its just my laptop card that is listed in the audio hardware preferences. Any solutions to this? Is this caused by SONAR being so new, and ASIO4ALL latest version dates back to June this year? Or perhaps I am doing something wrong.

Would very appreciate a solution to this.

Thanks,
blo114

6 Replies Related Threads

tronfxdx
    • Total Posts : 22
    Re:SONAR X1 PRODUCER ASIO4ALL 2010/12/12 08:05:19 (permalink)
    I am new to the forum but I want to try to help.  I think mine did the same thing but I had other issues and did so many things to correct them I am not sure that I remember.  I had some graphics issues so my problem was not sound related at all but I was doing everything I new how to do to try and fix them!!

My Delta actually works with the WDM drivers but I had an older machine that I used ASIO drivers on and it fixed the latency.

Here is what I think I did lol.

I selected ASIO4All in Sonar.  It would not see my delta card.  I clicked on ASIO PANEL IN SONAR and it opened the ASIO CONTROL PANEL.  All of my audio devices where listed in there.  I clicked on my delta card, which I wanted to use in Sonar.  The little button on the left turned bright green.  I clicked out of ASIO control panel.  I made sure I hit apply in Sonar and then exited out of settings.  I closed and then reopened sonar and then all of my inputs showed up in sonar.

I guess what I think I did was I activated the sound card in the asio control panel.

tron

Core i7, 6g GSkill, ASUS MOBO, Delta1010lt, EVGA
    Vid
    AXIOM 25
    YAMAHA KX88
    Fender HSS Strat, Fender American Deluxe JazzV
    Lots of TUBE amps!

REAL AMPLIFIERS GLOW IN THE DARK!
    NOTHING KICKS A$$ LIKE GLOWING GLASS!
    blo114
    Re:SONAR X1 PRODUCER ASIO4ALL 2010/12/12 08:17:34 (permalink)
    Thanks, for trying :)

But had this been the case I would have done that in the first place :)

My problem is that I do not see anything else in the INPUT/OUTPUT areas, except for the Realtek HD Audio WaveRT, no sign of ASIO4ALL :(

LHousehold
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 163
    Re:SONAR X1 PRODUCER ASIO4ALL 2010/12/12 08:24:59 (permalink)
    All I know is that my ASIO4ALL driver worked for 8.5, and then I installed X1 and it works just the same.

Windows 7 64 bit
    Cakewalk Sonar X2 Producer
    Cakewalk A-500PRO MIDI controller

benstat
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 972
    Re:SONAR X1 PRODUCER ASIO4ALL 2010/12/12 10:05:22 (permalink)
    I'm using ASIO4ALL, and the settings I have in Edit->Preferences relating to this are:

Devices
        Input Drivers: ASIO4ALL (ticked)
        Output Drivers: ASIO4ALL (ticked)
    Driver Settings
        Playback Timing Master: ASIO4ALL
        Record Timing Master: ASIO4ALL
    Playback and Recording
        Driver Mode: ASIO

The key one is 'Driver Mode'='ASIO'. Change that first and the rest should follow. HTH.

My DAW: Intel i5, Cakewalk UA-1G, Win7 64 bit, SONAR X1a Producer 64 bit
    guitartrek
    Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2842
    Re:SONAR X1 PRODUCER ASIO4ALL 2010/12/12 10:18:33 (permalink)
    I use a laptop and ASIO4all.  The first time I loaded X1 the master output was set to none - I changed it to ASIO4all and worked fine.

However, if you are new to ASIO4all, and you've never got it to work with Sonar before, there are a couple things that need to be done.  1) if on your laptop you have two sound drivers/devices like Sigmatel and Realtek HD - for example (that's what mine has) you need to disable the Realtek HD in your PC.  2) In sonar you need to go to the Midi Device page and disable the GS Wave table (or something like that).  It's been a while - but that's what I remembered were the things I needed to do.  Your ASIO4all from June should work fine.  You could always update to the latest and greatest.
    blo114
    Re:SONAR X1 PRODUCER ASIO4ALL 2010/12/12 12:37:10 (permalink)
    thanks man, the midi stuff sort of unlocked the asio into the inputs and outputs so i could select it and it fixed the latency
    sweet :)

guitartrek ftw

peace
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1