Helpful ReplySONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible!

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
bigpiano
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2017/05/23 02:46:01 (permalink)

SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible!

All I can say is that I'm glad I still have my Cakewalk Pro 8 still installed for MIDI notation, as the tools available in SONAR are less than satisfactory for actual composers.
To erase a MIDI note, for example, one soon learns that the Eraser Tool is gone in Staff View. I believe there is a way over in the Piano Roll View but this is extremely inconvenient for musicians used to dealing with notation.
It's clear overall in the program that in an effort to make music making *fun* and accessible for non-musicians, classic trained musicians are given the short shrift.  
Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/05/23 16:20:13 (permalink)
The Eraser tool works for MIDI notes in staff view, as well as anything else that needs erasing. The keyboard shortcut is F10. 

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Keni
Max Output Level: -17.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5769
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/05/23 16:30:35 (permalink)
I haven't used it in a while, but I seem to remember a simple right click deletes when smarttool is the selected tool?

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records
http://www.reverbnation.com/inexile
http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/inexile
Out Of My Head Music (BMI)

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/05/23 16:53:15 (permalink)
Only in the PRV. In staff view, a right-click opens note properties.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Wookiee
Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
  • Total Posts : 13306
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/05/23 17:23:59 (permalink)
Clicking on your scroll wheel brings up the tool HUD as does the keyboard shortcut T and F10 as noted Craig where you can select the erase tool which is located at the the right hand of the tool HUD.

However the staff view is in desperate need of some love.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
Keni
Max Output Level: -17.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5769
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/05/23 18:41:59 (permalink)
Anderton
Only in the PRV. In staff view, a right-click opens note properties.

Thanks for correcting me Craig...

It's been a while since I used the Staff View... ;-)

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records
http://www.reverbnation.com/inexile
http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/inexile
Out Of My Head Music (BMI)

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
konradh
Max Output Level: -42 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3325
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/05/24 17:22:03 (permalink)
No one can make a legitimate case that the Staff View is a replacement for Finale, but I am a composer and I live in the Staff View.  I agree it has quirks, but I am able to do what I need.  I export from Sonar and into Finale to print publisher-ready scores or lead sheets, but that's OK with me since Sonar is geared towards music creation and there are many things I don't want printed (like keyswitches).

One little thing that does bug me is that triplets are only notated if all three notes are present and all in proximity.  It is not possible to write 1/4 and 1/8 as a triplet, for example. A rest can't be part of a triplet and a triplet can't cross staves—but not a big deal. (You can program them: they just don't look right.)

One thing that is a kind of big deal is swing time which is fast 12/8 written as 4/4.  Notating that can be pretty tedious and non-standard, but more of a problem for people writing country or ballroom.

Konrad
Current album and more: http://www.themightykonrad.com/

Sonar X1d Producer. V-Studio 700. PC: Intel i7 CPU 3.07GHz, 12 GB RAM. Win 7 64-bit. RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLPC, Ivory II, Vienna Symphonic, Hollywood Strings, Electr6ity, Acoustic Legends, FabFour, Scarbee Rick/J-Bass/P-Bass, Kontakt 5. NI Session Guitar. Boldersounds, Noisefirm. EZ Drummer 2. EZ Mix. Melodyne Assist. Guitar Rig 4. Tyros 2, JV-1080, Kurzweil PC2R, TC Helicon VoiceWorks+. Rode NT2a, EV RE20. Presonus Eureka.  Rokit 6s. 
jsg
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1079
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/05/24 17:35:57 (permalink)
bigpiano
All I can say is that I'm glad I still have my Cakewalk Pro 8 still installed for MIDI notation, as the tools available in SONAR are less than satisfactory for actual composers.
To erase a MIDI note, for example, one soon learns that the Eraser Tool is gone in Staff View. I believe there is a way over in the Piano Roll View but this is extremely inconvenient for musicians used to dealing with notation.
It's clear overall in the program that in an effort to make music making *fun* and accessible for non-musicians, classic trained musicians are given the short shrift.  

Yeah, Cakewalk has managed to make the staff view even more dysfunctional.  They recently took away the track numbers from the track pane on the right side of the screen.  Why this decision was made (if it was actually a decision) is beyond me.   The snap function is getting worse, it's worse than it's ever been, although I have found a way to still use it, it's tricky and the only way I could help somebody use it would be to actually be standing next to them to show them how to enter notes at the right position.  It's a hit-and-miss affair.  And while the paste-special seems to be working OK (sometimes) in notation, in the event list it still doesn't work at all, you have to make a track active in order to paste into it, which of course defeats the whole point of "paste-special".

I have no idea why CW refuses to prioritize the staff view for a while.  I cannot believe it is only an economic decision, I suspect some underlying ideology about notation must also play a part in the neglect.  Maybe the next update will change this, but it's hard not to give up hope given the amount of time these bugs have been around and ignored.

Jerry
www.jerrygerber.com/symph8mvt4.htm

post edited by jsg - 2017/05/31 07:20:39
jfcomposer
  • Total Posts : 29
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/05/24 19:25:47 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby subtlearts 2017/05/28 20:28:51
jsg
Yeah, Cakewalk has managed to make the staff view even more dysfunctional.  They recently took away the track numbers from the track pane on the right side of the screen.  

And this is why I haven't updated Sonar in months. Aside from staff view, Sonar can already do way more than I'll ever need... my workflow is pretty set and I don't do any audio work to speak of, so all the bells and whistles they keep adding do me no good.  I don't even use PRV, so while I'm happy for the folks who do, those changes didn't help me personally.  And at every release I was tempted to update, but would hit the forums first and see issues people were having with it, or that the staff view got the accidental shaft once again.  Just not worth the hassle for features I likely won't use.
jsg
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/05/24 20:09:52 (permalink)
jfcomposer
jsg
Yeah, Cakewalk has managed to make the staff view even more dysfunctional.  They recently took away the track numbers from the track pane on the right side of the screen.  

And this is why I haven't updated Sonar in months. Aside from staff view, Sonar can already do way more than I'll ever need... my workflow is pretty set and I don't do any audio work to speak of, so all the bells and whistles they keep adding do me no good.  I don't even use PRV, so while I'm happy for the folks who do, those changes didn't help me personally.  And at every release I was tempted to update, but would hit the forums first and see issues people were having with it, or that the staff view got the accidental shaft once again.  Just not worth the hassle for features I likely won't use.

I understand how you feel, I avoid upgrades often for the same reason.  But the ability of Sonar to now start playback in the middle of a long note (and still have it sound) is such an important feature for me that I upgraded for that reason and I put up with the lesser issues (lesser for me).   I keep hearing from people at Cakewalk that the staff view is going to get some attention soon, but I don't know whether "soon" means next month or 10 years from now.

Jerry
www.jerrygerber.com/symph9mvt1.htm

post edited by jsg - 2017/05/31 07:21:23
rabeach
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2703
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/05/24 20:33:31 (permalink)
jsg
 I have no idea why CW refuses to prioritize the staff view for a while.  I cannot believe it is only an economic decision, I suspect some underlying ideology about notation must also play a part in the neglect.  Maybe the next update will change this, but it's hard not to give up hope given the amount of time these bugs have been around and ignored.

Jerry
www.jerrygerber.com

I believe the originator of that code left with the rights to that code a long time ago and that is the problem. What else could it be. Even if the code was undocumented someone could have documented it by now and polished it up. It worked better in pro audio 9.
jfcomposer
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/05/24 21:16:03 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby RSMCGUITAR 2017/05/25 19:58:16
Short of a God's-gift-to-programming, Linus Torvalds type celebrity figure, I can't imagine any programmer retaining exclusive rights to a work product done for a company, under contract or otherwise.  I think the problem is more one of dollars and cents; once the staff view was originally completed and worked well enough, the focus (and the userbase) shifted toward audio production and that's where the programming focus has stayed for years. And years.  

And years.

At least until the PRV got some love the past couple months.  Hats off to Cake for giving it some attention, for sure.  But my guess is that as the staff view code has aged, it has become a bigger and bigger project to overhaul it, and with staff view diehards such as myself making up such a small percentage of the userbase (and thus income), priorities go where the money is.  I don't fault Cakewalk for that, necessarily, as it makes good business sense and has obviously kept them afloat so far.

Doesn't make me want staff view fixes any less, though. :)
rabeach
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/05/24 21:40:45 (permalink)
There is newsprint on the separation floating around the web.
jsg
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/05/25 19:19:26 (permalink)
jfcomposer
Short of a God's-gift-to-programming, Linus Torvalds type celebrity figure, I can't imagine any programmer retaining exclusive rights to a work product done for a company, under contract or otherwise.  I think the problem is more one of dollars and cents; once the staff view was originally completed and worked well enough, the focus (and the userbase) shifted toward audio production and that's where the programming focus has stayed for years. And years.  

And years.

At least until the PRV got some love the past couple months.  Hats off to Cake for giving it some attention, for sure.  But my guess is that as the staff view code has aged, it has become a bigger and bigger project to overhaul it, and with staff view diehards such as myself making up such a small percentage of the userbase (and thus income), priorities go where the money is.  I don't fault Cakewalk for that, necessarily, as it makes good business sense and has obviously kept them afloat so far.

Doesn't make me want staff view fixes any less, though. :)

If Sonar's staff view were on par with the rest of the program, I'd bet that Sonar would make inroads into the educational market, thereby increasing sales and revenue.   All colleges and conservatories that have music technology courses are going to be interested in a DAW that has an adequate notation editor.   

Jerry
www.jerrygerber.com

riojazz
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1337
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/05/25 20:26:02 (permalink)
jsgAll colleges and conservatories that have music technology courses are going to be interested in a DAW that has an adequate notation editor.   

Jerry
www.jerrygerber.com

This.

Software: Cakewalk by Bandlab; Adobe Audition; Band-in-A-Box audiophile; Izotope Ozone; Encore; Melodyne; Win 10 Pro, 64-bit.

Hardware: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 2nd; Roland Integra-7; TCE Finalizer; Presonus Central Station, Behringer X-Touch.  Home built i7 with 16 GB RAM, SSDs.
Elffin
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1196
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/05/25 21:14:15 (permalink)
Wasn't staff view sold off?  isn't it Overture now produced by Sonicscore??  https://sonicscores.com/

I was lucky recently to purchase Overture 5 in a fantastic deal... and wouldn't mind at all if  cakewalk collaborated with this company (if possible!!!)

Website | SoundCloud
DAW: SONAR Platinum  Audio I/OMOTU Ultralite mk3
Memory: 16gb Video: AMD 5700 HD
Storage: 1 x WD Caviar blue 500mb, 2 x 2TB Seagate Barricudas
ptheisen
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 173
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/05/25 22:58:11 (permalink)
Yes, Sonar's staff view was spun off into Overture and its little brother Scorewriter, which I have. Up through version 4, the core code was still the same. Even the dialog boxes for setting up midi devices and instruments were nearly identical to Sonar's. However, my understanding is that version 5 of Overture and Scorewriter are complete rewrites. I don't know whether this would have a positive or negative impact on the feasibility of a collaboration with Cakewalk and how the integration would be approached.
CedricM
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 128
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/05/26 10:14:21 (permalink)
IMHO, Cakewalk should purchase StaffPad Ltd (2 employees as far as I know), both for their awesome app http://staffpad.net  and as an 'acquihire' to get them to work on Sonar's notation, Sonar's touch interface and more.

Elffin
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1196
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/05/28 11:27:33 (permalink)
just out of interest this vid shows what overture 5 is now capable of....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_zy3xuwdYY

Website | SoundCloud
DAW: SONAR Platinum  Audio I/OMOTU Ultralite mk3
Memory: 16gb Video: AMD 5700 HD
Storage: 1 x WD Caviar blue 500mb, 2 x 2TB Seagate Barricudas
jsg
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/05/28 19:30:32 (permalink)
What's really odd and disappointing is that I've been in touch with several Cakewalk people and they all tell me that the staff view is going to get some attention and that there's energy at the company to do something about it. In late December 2016, I was told that things are moving forward and that finally, the notation editor is going to get an upgrade within a few updates. 

January, February, March, April and May have passed.  No upgrade, no fixing of the notation bugs, nothing, in fact the snap function is getting more dysfunctional.

For contrast,  I bought VSL's MIR convolution reverb last December and found a bug and reported it.  Within 2 days the bug was confirmed and another few days later they sent me a fix.   There's a company that cares about the quality of the software they produce and when they know about a bug, they fix it. 

Jerry
www.jerrygerber.com/mp3/Raga.mp3

post edited by jsg - 2017/05/31 07:22:23
konradh
Max Output Level: -42 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3325
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/05/28 20:56:39 (permalink)
For clarification, are the complaints about the ability to create and record music, or to output a finished publisher-ready score?  I understand things could be better in both areas, but I think the first is critical while the second might be hard to justify in a DAW.

Konrad
Current album and more: http://www.themightykonrad.com/

Sonar X1d Producer. V-Studio 700. PC: Intel i7 CPU 3.07GHz, 12 GB RAM. Win 7 64-bit. RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLPC, Ivory II, Vienna Symphonic, Hollywood Strings, Electr6ity, Acoustic Legends, FabFour, Scarbee Rick/J-Bass/P-Bass, Kontakt 5. NI Session Guitar. Boldersounds, Noisefirm. EZ Drummer 2. EZ Mix. Melodyne Assist. Guitar Rig 4. Tyros 2, JV-1080, Kurzweil PC2R, TC Helicon VoiceWorks+. Rode NT2a, EV RE20. Presonus Eureka.  Rokit 6s. 
chuckebaby
  • Total Posts : 13146
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/05/28 21:13:03 (permalink)
Staff view works perfect.
I've used to like 3 times to look at the dot thingy's. And I have seen dots all 3 times

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

jsg
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/05/28 22:03:11 (permalink)
konradh
For clarification, are the complaints about the ability to create and record music, or to output a finished publisher-ready score?  I understand things could be better in both areas, but I think the first is critical while the second might be hard to justify in a DAW.

I've never suggested that a DAW should be a full-blown music notation program.  I have long stated that the purpose of a notation editor in a DAW is for MIDI input and editing only, not for creating a publish-quality score.   I use Sibelius, and, before that, Score, to create my scores.  The issues I have with Sonar's notation is not what features it lacks (other than tied-triplets, dotted-triplets and 64th notes being displayed correctly) but rather bugs:  things that are supposed to work in a certain way but do not.  My main complaint is the snap function, which is separate from the snap features that appear on the control bar.

Jerry
www.jerrygerber.com/symph9mvt1.htm

post edited by jsg - 2017/05/31 07:20:04
pbognar
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 720
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/05/29 01:26:48 (permalink)
I promised myself that after X3, I would only upgrade if there was proper attention paid to the the triplet related issues in staff view.

I thought I would vote with my dollars (or lack thereof).

And I made it a point to limit my b1tching and moaning on the forum.

I was rewarded by no longer being eligible to upgrade from X3.

So even if there is an improvement around the corner, my upgrades, which I thought in some small way, might be funding a future staff view improvement - I'm SOL.

Thanks Cakewalk.
FLZapped
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 152
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/05/30 20:53:22 (permalink)
pbognar

I was rewarded by no longer being eligible to upgrade from X3.

So even if there is an improvement around the corner, my upgrades, which I thought in some small way, might be funding a future staff view improvement - I'm SOL.

Thanks Cakewalk.

Wow, I double checked and yeah, gee thanks Cakewalk, nice way to chase off customers in a really competitive field.
jfcomposer
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/05/30 23:55:45 (permalink)
jsg
I have long stated that the purpose of a notation editor in a DAW is for MIDI input and editing only, not for creating a publish-quality score.   

Nail on the head.  I don't think it should be Cakewalk's objective to make Sonar's staff view into anything close to Finale or similar, and I haven't seen any serious requests for that.  Engraving and printing is an art all its own and the tools that already exist in that space are incredible.  Instead, Sonar's staff view should function as a MIDI editor, as you stated, preferably with the same polish the rest of the application has, without the (IMO) unnecessary fluff that comes along with print-quality scores.

As far as voting with my dollars, I owned X2, never bought X3, then signed on to the monthly plan when it was introduced.  I paid into it for at least as long as it takes to "own" Sonar, hoping that breaking the updates into smaller chunks would allow the bakers to whittle away at the long-standing staff view issues, one at a time.  My benchmark for success, to keep me subscribing, was just one real staff view fix a month.  That was it; throw us a bone, fix snap, fix triplets, fix paste special having a mind of its own, put the note icons back at the top, or heaven forbid add the first new feature in 18-odd years.

We did get a few sporadic staff view fixes, but they weren't issues I'd ever encountered using Sonar since version 2.2.  So I'm happy if those fixes helped some people, and I really do mean that.   I'm sure Anderton or somebody can point to dozens of bug reports I haven't seen, and that's fine, but what I have seen from staff view users all deal with triplets and other functionality issues.

So I unsubscribed once it became clear my subscription wasn't going toward development I cared most about.  The only card I have to play, in this poker game, is my subscription fee, and it's precisely why I didn't go for lifetime updates.  I figured I'd get on board with the new dev/pricing model and give them a fair shake.  So far, it hasn't really panned out.

I maintain hope that things will change.

post edited by jfcomposer - 2017/05/31 00:29:59
noynekker
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1235
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/05/31 02:11:51 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby chuckebaby 2017/06/01 21:09:21
None of us long time users who lean towards the ways of the staff are under any illusions that Cakewalk has the intention of improving the staff view. They simply have never even hinted it is even important. Their newer user base appears to be PRV orientated, so they spent development dollars over there instead.

JSG (in Post #19) mentions some promising contact with Cakewalk regarding staff attention. This is very reassuring.

Anyways, not sure I like the title of this thread, because Sonar's staff view is really not "terrible", and it works very well for me, as far as writing pop songs . . . though, I have tried to write orchestral pieces using Sonar's staff view, and I can't imagine how any of you can do that, especially when there are so many other software choices that do that much better.

I did however learn some new things about staff view's history in this thread that I had no idea about.
If it's true, it explains a lot about the neglect towards staff improvements.

I'm really hoping their is some partnership discussion in the works with other notation software developers to integrate their staff software in Sonar, that seems to be the most realistic thing that may happen regarding this.
(Sorry if it seems a bit of a rant, I just can't resist a good staff view thread)

Cakewalk by Bandlab, Cubase, RME Babyface Pro, Intel i7 3770K @3.5Ghz, Asus P8Z77-VPro/Thunderbolt, 32GB DDR3 RAM, GeForce GTX 660 Ti, 250 GB OS SSD, 2TB HDD samples, Win 10 Pro 64 bit, backed up by Macrium Reflect, Novation Impulse 61 Midi Key Controller, Tannoy Active Near Field Monitors, Guitars by Vantage, Gibson, Yamaki and Ovation.

mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/06/01 19:19:41 (permalink)
As far as the talk of this bit or other being sold off I would like to have it confirmed in writing by a link to a bona fide article rather than unsubstantiated comments which just doesn't add up.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
rabeach
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/06/01 21:52:54 (permalink)
Elffin
just out of interest this vid shows what overture 5 is now capable of....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_zy3xuwdYY

very nice
rabeach
Re: SONAR's Music Notation Tools (Staff View) Are Terrible! 2017/06/01 22:11:19 (permalink)
mudgel
As far as the talk of this bit or other being sold off I would like to have it confirmed in writing by a link to a bona fide article rather than unsubstantiated comments which just doesn't add up.

It wasn't sold off as far as the newsprint indicated simply that the developer and twelve tone systems inc parted ways. I have posted the newsprint several times in the past. This was back around sonar 1 or 2, right after pro audio 9. The developer has gone on to sell an improved product with his own company. I merely speculate that the rights went with him because nothing has been done to make it work better in almost 20 years. It really doesn't matter how many personnel and ownership changes cakewalk has gone through. 20 years, it could have been addressed by now if it was possible. Let us all hope I'm wrong.
Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1