SPS-66 not recognized / drivers fail to install Win 10 Dell

Author
Thenamir
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2016/08/24 14:28:05 (permalink)

SPS-66 not recognized / drivers fail to install Win 10 Dell

Moving to a new computer and upgrading to Sonar Platinum.  I am trying to install the device and drivers for the venerable Sonar Power Studio SPS-66, but the installation fails at the point where it asks for the device to be plugged in.  Here are the specifics.
  • Computer: Dell XPS 8700, 12GB memory
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz
  • Driver downloads: Win 8/8.1 version, downloaded from the Cakewalk site. (Also tried Vista, just for grins)

This computer does not have a built-in IEEE 1394 port, so I have installed a SIIG PCI-e card (model ASG3620X).  SPS-66 power light comes on when set to draw power from the bus, so I am assuming the 1394 cable is OK.

Symptoms:
  • It appears that the device is not being recognized by the OS, because nothing shows up in the Device Manager when plugged in.
  • after a manual driver install (see below) the device shows as present in the Device Manager with the yellow warning icon and the message "The device cannot start (Code 10)"
Here's what I have tried (uninstall and reboot after each attempt):
  • standard installation using both bus power and adapter power -- hangs waiting for device to be plugged in.
  • cancel installation when it asks for the device to be plugged in, and manual installation of driver using Device Manager.  (I tried both Win 8/8.1 and Vista drivers.)  SPS-66 shows up in the device list, but "cannot start (Code 10)"
Any help will be appreciated!  Really don't want to spend $$$ for a new interface if it can be helped.  Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I also tried the FA-66 drivers from Roland, still no luck.  Also, all OS/versions are 64-bit.
post edited by Thenamir - 2016/08/24 16:04:23

1 Reply Related Threads

Thenamir
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: SPS-66 not recognized / drivers fail to install Win 10 Dell 2016/08/27 11:31:30 (permalink)
    I am guessing from the lack of responses that I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a new audio interface.  Thanks anyway.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1