Sabbath cover-Electric Funeral

Author
variaxman
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 596
2005/05/22 14:42:27 (permalink)

Sabbath cover-Electric Funeral

Kinda nervous about posting this one cause the vocals are so weak,but if anything,you might get a good laugh out of it,any comments about the mix/EQ would be cool as Im trying to improve these areas of my recordings,and this one is bit on the "heavy" side as I was trying for a big Bass guitar and Kick sound!
Thanks
Electric Funeral

4 Replies Related Threads

zgraf
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 350
    RE: Sabbath cover-Electric Funeral 2005/05/23 20:51:48 (permalink)
    Listened to "Electric Funeral".
    I'm certainly no expert in this area, and I've not heard the original version of this tune,
    but here's my 2 cents:

First I think your guitar playing is dead on. Very expressive for the genre.
    You must have played this piece a lot--sounds like you are pretty comfortable with it.
    Your vocals aren't perfect, but they sound a lot (perhaps annoyingly) like Ozzy's
    on the songs they play on the radio [That's who you're trying to imitate right?]

Love the section from 3:15 - 4:10 -- the drums and the guitar seem to rock very
    nicely together! Found myself replaying this section times.

Your Soundclick web page is cool-looking. But I had a hard time reading the text
    underneath all those green bubbles. Perhaps a different color scheme or something
    might help...

- john
    post edited by zgraf - 2005/05/23 20:58:37
    variaxman
    RE: Sabbath cover-Electric Funeral 2005/05/24 08:39:09 (permalink)
    Hey zgraf,thanks for taking the time to comment.Yeah,this is a song I learned way back when I first started playing,pretty basic tune to play technically,more about the doomish vibe i guess.The jam part in the middle is different from the original and was real fun to do,I think it came out kinda cool.
    A few people have commeted about the graphics on my page and I just changed them,text should be easily read now....thanks again for the feedback!
    _Roll_N_Rock
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 43
    RE: Sabbath cover-Electric Funeral 2005/05/26 19:37:45 (permalink)
    Great job I enjoyed it very much.

Thank you

I request snowblind next please

These things that are pleasin’ you...
    Can hurt you somehow!
    variaxman
    RE: Sabbath cover-Electric Funeral 2005/05/27 08:34:55 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: _Roll_N_Rock

Great job I enjoyed it very much.

Thank you

I request snowblind next please

Thanks man!Snowblind eh?That is a great tune....Im trying to work on some original stuff , now that Im starting to feel a little bit more comfratble recording....My band plays that tune when we play out.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1