Helpful ReplySamplitude Pro X3

Author
Soundwise
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1419
2016/09/20 17:40:16 (permalink)

Samplitude Pro X3

New in Samplitude Pro X3The latest version of Samplitude strengthens core competency in the area of audio editing. Discover editing in a whole new dimension with the ARA interface and Melodyne essential.

Tempo automation & BPM calculatorSamplitude Pro X3 automatically calculates the tempo of an audio recording in the background. Combined with the project tempo map, it's a powerful tool for music production.
When working with the tempo switch within the arrangement, the tempo of your audio recording automatically adjusts to the parameters set for your project.

More...

Anderton
We are all unique and have our own contributions to make to this planet.

SoundCloud
YouTube
BandLab
cclarry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20964
Re: Samplitude Pro X3 2016/09/20 22:19:22 (permalink)
To me, Samplitube is THE most HIGHLY underrated DAW on the market...
IT'S A BEAST!

Soundwise
Re: Samplitude Pro X3 2016/09/21 17:51:44 (permalink)
Agreed! I own and use SMS 2016. Although it's not in the same league with Sonar Platinum, still it's a very capable DAW. I prefer it to Reaper and cannot imagine a project, that would not be possible to make in Magix SMS. Wish ProX version was more affordable. It surely is very powerful yet highly underrated DAW.

Anderton

SoundCloud
YouTube
BandLab
galeom
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 43
Re: Samplitude Pro X3 2016/09/21 18:13:45 (permalink)
It`s currently on sale on Steam for 80e
http://store.steampowered.com/app/525420/
cclarry
Re: Samplitude Pro X3 2016/09/21 21:22:41 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Soundwise 2016/09/22 06:42:42
Soundwise
Agreed! I own and use SMS 2016. Although it's not in the same league with Sonar Platinum, still it's a very capable DAW. I prefer it to Reaper and cannot imagine a project, that would not be possible to make in Magix SMS. Wish ProX version was more affordable. It surely is very powerful yet highly underrated DAW.

I'll let you know when it's on sale...it's rare but does happen

anydmusic
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 251
Re: Samplitude Pro X3 2017/11/27 10:26:45 (permalink)
Should Samplitude be on the list of Sonar replacements?

Not seen any special offers from them yet.

Graham
Windows 10 64 bit - Intel i7-4790, 16GB, 2 x 256GB SSD
Cubase 9.5
Sonar Platinum (Rapture Pro, Z3TA 2, CA2A, plus some other bits)
Delta 24/96, UAD 1, UA25 EX, 2 x MidiSport,
IKMultiMedia - (SampleTank 3, Miroslav 2, Syntronik, TRacks 5, Modo Bass), Band In A Box, Sound Quest, VS Pro, Kinetic, Acid, Sound Forge, Jammer
Waves MaxxVolume, IR 1, Aphex Enhancer, Abbey Plates
Korg Legacy, VStation, Bass Station
cclarry
Re: Samplitude Pro X3 2017/11/27 11:42:06 (permalink)
galeom
It`s currently on sale on Steam for 80e
http://store.steampowered.com/app/525420/

It's $24.99 right now...

http://store.steampowered...io_2017_Steam_Edition/

bwbalint
  • Total Posts : 296
Re: Samplitude Pro X3 2017/11/27 12:13:15 (permalink)
I have tried Steam a few times, but I didn't like having to be connected to the Internet each login to get started.  I did contact Magix with an email asking if they had a crossgrade price or a discount on their full product.  

CbB latest incarnation, Focusrite Scarlett (2nd generation), WIN10 1809 build,  , MCU pro , Yamaha Motif classic 6 , focusrite ASA one
Amicus717
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 555
Re: Samplitude Pro X3 2017/11/27 14:48:52 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby cclarry 2017/11/27 15:44:26
I have Samplitude Pro X3, and I've been seriously digging into it over these last few days, since I might was well start with an alternate DAW I own, rather than pay out for one I don't. It's a very powerful DAW, definitely underrated, as Larry mentioned. It's audio abilities are outstanding, and so far the midi tools are solid, although it has different ways of doing some things, and its going to take me some time to adjust. Sonar is still way easier to use for some midi stuff (routing midi audio, bouncing takes, etc), and in a few other areas. I'm finding things like signal routing and track bouncing to be challenging in Samplitude. 

So, this is early days with Samplitude and no doubt I'll have a different perspective after spending more time getting to know it, but for what it is worth, these are my current impressions:

PROS:
a) Mature and stable, I've had no issues with crashes or bugs of any kind
b) Comes with a nice library of samples - synths, pads, full version of Independence, plus cinematic percussion, choir, folks instruments, etc. All very useable and a nice bonus
c) Samplitude's built in plugins seem quite nice and do the job pretty well
d) Midi editing tools are solid and easy to use. The PRV, which is where I live when I'm recording, is well laid out and intuitive and has all the tools I regularly use. 

CONS:
a) I'm not entirely keen on the interface (although I've seen worse). Its not the most clear to read, and the colors are drab and sometimes make it tricky to differentiate what's on screen. 
b) I'm trying to figure out signal routing, and I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall. Part of that is just unfamiliarity on my part, rather than a deficiency in the DAW, but for folks pondering a switch, I think its a factor worth thinking about. It is definitely a different program than Sonar.

THINGS STILL TO BE EXPLORED:
a) I'm trying to figure out how configurable the menus are and, in particular, the layout and setup of the VSTs and effects. Sonar is so wonderfully configurable, in this regard...
b) All of its audio-editing features. I've been dealing mainly with midi, so far
c) The quality of support from Magix, and the nature of the Samplitude forum. I introduced myself there last week, and folks seem nice, but it certainly isn't the humming beehive of activity that is Sonar's forum. 

There is no question that Samplitude will do everything you need it to, and its very powerful and full featured. But how comfortable I will be using it, is still to be decided.

Sonar Platinum, Windows 10 Pro 64, Core i7-5820K Haswell-E CPU, 32GB DDR4 RAM, RME Babyface, Adam F7 monitors, Mackie MCU
Soundwise
Re: Samplitude Pro X3 2017/11/27 22:24:51 (permalink)
Amicus717
b) I'm trying to figure out signal routing, and I feel like I'm banging my head against a wall. Part of that is just unfamiliarity on my part, rather than a deficiency in the DAW, but for folks pondering a switch, I think its a factor worth thinking about. It is definitely a different program than Sonar.

Thanks for sharing your experience! I currently have SMS, but think about getting Pro X3.
As for routing - use VST dock. You can, for example, change from simple instrument to multitimbral from there and do many other things. Looks and feels awkward at first, but does the job.

Anderton

SoundCloud
YouTube
BandLab
Amicus717
Re: Samplitude Pro X3 2017/11/27 23:52:40 (permalink)
Soundwise
Amicus717

Thanks for sharing your experience! I currently have SMS, but think about getting Pro X3.
As for routing - use VST dock. You can, for example, change from simple instrument to multitimbral from there and do many other things. Looks and feels awkward at first, but does the job.

I will try! Thanks :)

Sonar Platinum, Windows 10 Pro 64, Core i7-5820K Haswell-E CPU, 32GB DDR4 RAM, RME Babyface, Adam F7 monitors, Mackie MCU
bwbalint
  • Total Posts : 296
Re: Samplitude Pro X3 2017/11/28 12:03:53 (permalink)
I inquired to Samplitude concerning a crossgrade price here is the answer I received in return:

"Dear Bart,
Thank you for your message.
I passed the suggestion on to product mangement and development. If they weren't already planning on doing something along those line, I do agree that they should probably consider it.
As far as our product portfolio and pricing goes, please keep in mind that we also do already feature a more affordable consumer version of Samplitude Pro, which is Samplitude Music Studio:
http://www.magix.com/us/samplitude-music-studio/detail/
Again, thanks for the suggestion and your interest in our audio products.--
Best regards,
Ralf Hentschel
MAGIX Software GmbH
Postfach 200914
01194 Dresden - Germany
Managing Director: Klaus Schmidt, Jörg Stüber, Aishvarya Agarwal
Commercial Register: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 127205

http://www.magix.net"

CbB latest incarnation, Focusrite Scarlett (2nd generation), WIN10 1809 build,  , MCU pro , Yamaha Motif classic 6 , focusrite ASA one
Amicus717
Re: Samplitude Pro X3 2017/11/28 14:18:36 (permalink)
It will be interesting to see if they respond with some sort of offer. I know Magix seems to have occasional sales where they bundle their various software packages at outrageously low prices --  that was how I got hold of it, via a bundle sale that got me SoundForge Pro, Samplitude Pro X3 for $199. The odds are probably pretty good that they will do that again, so even if they don't have a crossgrade offer, you might be able to grab it at a great price at some point in the near future. Some folks in the Samplitude forum were complaining a bit about this habit by Magix, as they feel that these sort of uber-bargain packages erode Samplitude's reputation as a quality, high-end piece of software and make it look like a clearance item.

kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: Samplitude Pro X3 2017/11/28 14:29:03 (permalink)
I have gotten the $199 offer for Samplitude Pro X 3 w SoundForge Pro a few times in the past 12 months .

I'm pretty happy with Samplitude Pro X2 At some point I may use it more that I have been ...it's a killer DAW

all the best ,

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1