"Save Project with All FX/Synth Tracks Frozen" in Sonar.

Author
djserg
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 34
2016/04/20 15:22:28 (permalink)

"Save Project with All FX/Synth Tracks Frozen" in Sonar.

Hello ,

In Sonar, it would be great to have the ability/option to save the project with "FREEZE ALL TRACKS (that contain DX,DXi,VST/VSTi)" for archiving. This would provide an easy turnkey solution of making sure you can still access the processed "wet" tracks- should a plugin no longer be available.
I have been loading older projects lately, and find I can no longer access old (dead and gone) plugins within my projects. I'm reading about this more and more as a common problem, (sometimes even within the same FX versions- Like when version 2 of a plugin is a complete overhaul, and version 1 and 2 would both need to be installed on your machine). But, If I "Froze" all those tracks, I would have the processed "wet" tracks right in my project. AND, If I still have the plugin, all I would need to do is "unfreeze" the track- and make my changes- and I'm done. If I can't access the plugin anymore, at least I still have a "wet" version of the track and I can try to recreate the fx with another plugin, and I would have a great "wet" track to reference.

I have been making an effort to freeze all my tracks (that contain FX) and find that it is really time consuming and sometimes I miss tracks/buses that contain a plugin. So as suggested, it would be great to have an option to automate the "freeze" feature in the "save as" project function and still have the ability to recall plugins right from within the project.

Sonar already has the awesome "Freeze" feature which basically "prints" the wet audio, but still allows the ability to recall plugins right from within the project ("Unfreeze"). It seems like it's the only DAW setup to offer a real easy solution, we just need a way to automate the process.

Many thanks,
Serg

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1