Saving Files

Author
Francis Steeno
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 19
2017/11/18 03:16:05 (permalink)

Saving Files

When saving a file from SONAR Platinum, that will be transferred to a new computer, Is there a special file type?  The resaon I'm asking is, I always wondered if all the audio bites or WAV files are saved in the same folder?  When I save my file to be transferred to my new PC,  I want everything to be accessed including the audio files.

Are these all saved in the main folder when saving a project?  Thoughts.  Am i making sense?

Francis Steeno

2 Replies Related Threads

tenfoot
    Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2186
    Re: Saving Files 2017/11/18 07:39:07 (permalink)
    Hi Francis.

Audio files are now saved by default to an audio folder nested inside the folder location that you save the project. Copying the parent folder that contains both the audio folder and the project to the new computer is the easiest way to transfer.

An alternative is to save the file as a ' cakewalk bundle'. It will contain a compressed version of all audio files that will be extracted by Sonar when it is opened on the new computer, then save it as a regular project.

Either way, bear in mind that an identical version of any vst plugins used in the project need to be installed on the new computer in order for it to load correctly.

Bruce.

Sonar Platinum 2017-09, Studio One 3.5.3, Win 10 x64, Quad core i7, RME Fireface, Behringer X32 Producer, Behringer X32 Rack, Presonus Faderport, Lemure Software Controller (Android), Enttec DMXIS VST lighting controller, Xtempo POK.
    Bristol_Jonesey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16775
    Re: Saving Files 2017/11/18 08:15:12 (permalink)
    In addition to Bruce's comments, if you save your project using "Save As", select a new folder in a different location for the save and make sure "Copy Audio With Project" is checked.

The save will now only include those audio files actually referenced by the project, making it a good bit smaller in size than the original and easier to transport.

The save location could easily be a thumb drive which you can just plug in to your other computer and open the project normally from there.

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
    Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1