Saving favorites in DP and Rap

Author
FunkenGrooven
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 46
2012/01/09 17:43:01 (permalink)

Saving favorites in DP and Rap

I don't suppose that's possible? I did a google search but didn't find anything there are so many sounds it would be great if there were a way to save your faves short of writing down the name, catagory, sub catogory, etc. kind of like NI has in some of their stuff. Any help is appreciated.

6 Replies Related Threads

Dapper
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 102
    Re:Saving favorites in DP and Rap 2012/01/09 19:21:49 (permalink)
    You're right. The only NI software I have is FM8, but it sure is nice to be able to save the best sounds in a Favorites file. I've already written down the list of best sounds in DimPro and I'm in the midst of doing that with Cakewalk Sound Center. There has to be a better way.
    FunkenGrooven
    Re:Saving favorites in DP and Rap 2012/01/09 20:19:31 (permalink)
    Crap! Well thanks for the reply,  I'm surprised perhaps a small patch how bout it cakewalk can't be that hard.
    chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    Re:Saving favorites in DP and Rap 2012/01/10 08:38:24 (permalink)
    I usually do the following:

Program Handling Button | Save Program As | Create a new folder "favorites" |  Save the program here 

Then repeat for any other favorites. 

You can completely customize the folder structure of the Program Browsers for both Dimension Pro and Rapture to fit your needs.  But yes, I agree having more meta data within the programs similar to what Sound Center does would be cool. 

FunkenGrooven
    Re:Saving favorites in DP and Rap 2012/01/10 17:26:39 (permalink)
    Hey thanks Chad! I'll try that it's certainly better than nothing I would be happy to at least narrow down the search area when trying to find sounds I like and that might just do it. But I have to say again I can't believe it would be much of a patch to have another window pop up where fave sounds could be stored perhaps with at least a few headings like Pads,Organs,Strings, etc. Here's hoping:)
    czyky
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 193
    Re:Saving favorites in DP and Rap 2012/01/10 22:31:31 (permalink)
    I share the pain. I have, what, 8 bazillion patches and I actively use maybe only 30,000 of them on a good day(okay, I might be off by an order of magnitude or two or three or....but you know what I mean). It sure would be nice to EASILY mark my favorites. When I think about demoing a soft synth these days, I FIRST look at the product's librarian/filing/categorizing system. If it isn't going to make it easy (possible) to find the patches I want FAST, then what's the point of having all those patches to choose from. Wading through dozens/hundreds of non-appropriate patches kills the creative vibe faster than one can say jack-the-ripper.

Now I LOVE CW soft synths, especially RP (thanks in no small part to folks like chad showing me how to get the most out of it), but if I was looking at purchasing either RP or DimPro today for the first time, I'd probably pass them up, unlistened to, because I wouldn't see a way to get quickly to the patches I know/like/friend/favor/whatever. A super-librarian system--okay, ANY librarian system would be the biggest/bestest enhancement any CW synth could have, in my book.

TIP:

I do as chad does with a favorites folder, but also: on patches that I like, I rename them with a preceding exclamation point or hash mark ("!" or "#"). That way they rise to the top of their categories (alphabetically) while still keeping their original name. When I'm auditioning sounds, it's easy to audition them first. (One of these days, I'm going to go through and rename patches that I really can't stand with a preceding tilde to push them to the bottom of the list.)

My favorites folder is actually "!favorites" to keep IT at the top of the folder stack.

"I can't think of a single example of where a big company buying a small company has ultimately been good for consumers." --bitflipper
    www.reverbnation.com/markadamczyk
    www.adamczyk.com
    chad
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 468
    Re:Saving favorites in DP and Rap 2012/01/11 10:23:18 (permalink)
      That's a cool trick too. :)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1