Saving session drummer

Author
drsax
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 27
2006/01/20 17:06:51 (permalink)

Saving session drummer

After putting all the clips from session drummer I want to use on a song, I save changes and close MC. When I want to use SD on another song it will only show and play the clips from the first song. If I delete those clips to use SD on the second song, it deletes the clips from the first song that I've saved (I thought I saved ). How can I save the clips I want to use from Session drummer, then open SD again and start using new clips in a new song?

4 Replies Related Threads

Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Saving session drummer 2006/01/20 18:43:15 (permalink)
    Once you open up session drummer, and build the track, then you need to go back and turn it into a midi track, follow the excerp from tha thow to use session drummer tutorial, I suggest taking it al the way to a wave file to get a great sound.

Close session drummer, then go to the ruler bar (the scale looking thing above the tracks) left click near the 0 point, and drag until you highlight the exact amount of measures of your drum tracks on the ruler bar, stopping at the end of 18. This should place a darkened area in the midi track for the same amount of measures. Go to the beginning of the midi track, right click in the dark area of the track, A box will open, go to midi effects/session drummer and click it to reopen it and slide it to the bottom of the page, move your cursor to the very beginning of that track, hover over the start of the track, near the zero position, in the darkened area of the midi track, you should see a small square symbol pop up, click and drag open the drum track all the way to the end of the highlighted area, there should be a colored stripe with data in it now. If you are using a sound card with a built in chip it will play if you hit the play arrow in the top tool bar, you now have a midi drum track.

Now you can enhance that by using a better sounding synth to play the track thru. Go to the audio track that you opened, and maximize it, go to it’s fx box and right, go to DXi instruments, and find Edirol VSC, click that. Edirol will pop up minimize it and go back to the midi track, find the output box, left click ant it should have the option of Edirol VSC, click on that, Hit play, it will sound pretty good. This same setup can be used for any softsynth that you have and there are many of them out there.

Now if you want the midi file to become a wave file, so you can add some real nice effects to it like compression or reverb, you can use the bounce to track feature. Go to edit/bounce to track, click that and a box will pop up, hit okay and a blue bar will proceed across the bottom of the screen. You will have a new track below the others, maximize it and right click the fx box and go to audio effects, find cakewalk reverb, click on that, go to presets and find concert, chose that and close the effect, then hit play and you have a drummer in a stadium. Have fun.

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    drsax
    RE: Saving session drummer 2006/01/21 14:53:38 (permalink)
    Thanks. I read your tutorial I just did'nt follow all the way through. Once a SD track is built can I insert clips btween existing ones?
    drsax
    RE: Saving session drummer 2006/01/21 23:59:37 (permalink)
    Robo: It's me again. I've followed your tutorial. All the steps work untill I get to "see a small square symbol pop up,click and drag open the drum track...." I don't get a small square symbol. I do however wind up with a colored stripe with data in it, and it plays fine. I just can't save it and start a new song with a fresh SD track. What could I be doing wrong? Can anybody help?
    drsax
    RE: Saving session drummer 2006/01/22 01:14:23 (permalink)
    Golly Man! I feel like a fool. I just figured out my delimna. Thanks for your original reply. I'm a sax player who has a hard time with technology, but I'm having a ball learning.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1