Scan Plug Ins Failure - Help!

Author
nickl23
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 36
2018/09/19 16:41:09 (permalink)

Scan Plug Ins Failure - Help!

Hello all,
I just purchased the brainworx V3 upgrade through UAD. My UAD software is up to date, the plug in shows as licensed, the appropriate files are located in C:\program files\steinberg\vst plugins\powered plugins. However, when I run scan plug ins (even tried eliminating everything except the location above) it won't load. I can only get the V3 to show up as a failed plug in. The V2 shows up fine and right where it should be - but not the V3. It's where it should be located, it's licensed and everything I can find is as it should be, but the thing won't load. I also cleared out all of my SONAR preferences and started from scratch at the suggestion of the UAD Tech but to no avail. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
Nick
SONAR Platinum, Windows 7 64 Bit

5 Replies Related Threads

TheSteven
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2037
    Re: Scan Plug Ins Failure - Help! 2018/09/19 17:30:32 (permalink)
    Under your Sonar VST settings verify that C:\program files\steinberg\vst plugins\powered plugins or at least C:\program files\steinberg\vst plugins is in your VST scan path.
    If it already is then Reset then Rescan.

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils" Loius-Hector Berlioz

www.AgitatedState.com MenuMagic - plug-in management powertools!
    My Tunes
    Bristol_Jonesey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 16775
    Re: Scan Plug Ins Failure - Help! 2018/09/19 19:06:51 (permalink)
    TheSteven
    Under your Sonar VST settings verify that C:\program files\steinberg\vst plugins\powered plugins or at least C:\program files\steinberg\vst plugins is in your VST scan path.
    If it already is then Reset then Rescan.

This is important

RESET then RESCAN

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
    Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
    nickl23
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 36
    Re: Scan Plug Ins Failure - Help! 2018/09/20 14:57:06 (permalink)
    Hello,
    Yes - as i stated in the OP, at one point I actually cleared everything EXCEPT c:\program files\steinberg\vst plug ins\powered plugins (as well as the default shared utilities file). All of the UAD plug ins that are located in this location loaded - except the  bx V3. The people at UAD are stumped (we went through the scan procedure several times, I uninstalled then reinstalled UAD, made sure that the plug in was present and licensed in every possible, necessary location and verified that the VST scan path was accurate. I also deleted and reset all of my preferences in SONAR). For some reason, the scan will not allow the V 3. The only way it "sees" it is as an excluded plug in which, of course, I cannot load. I just hoped that someone had had a similar experience. I can't be the only person using bx_digital V3 in SONAR Platinum and wanted to hear from anyone who had it, to see if they had encountered any difficulties in installation. Thank you for the suggestions.
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Scan Plug Ins Failure - Help! 2018/09/20 15:31:38 (permalink)
    A scan log may help you and UAD support figure out the problem. To generate a scan log in Platinum hold the SHIFT key key when clicking the SCAN or RESET button in VST Preferences. Since the plug-in appears in the exclude list make sure to enable "Rescan Failed Plugins" before scanning, then disable the option after the scan. If you prefer to run a RESET and want it to create a log, make sure to hold the SHIFT key until the scan starts. NOTE: the difference between a scan and a reset is a reset clears the VST Inventory in the registry before running a scan. It is similar to running a scan with both rescan options enabled.

The scanner has recently been updated. It might be worthwhile to upgrade to CbB if only to get the updated shared utilities.
    TheSteven
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2037
    Re: Scan Plug Ins Failure - Help! 2018/09/21 06:30:31 (permalink)
    nickl23
    For some reason, the scan will not allow the V 3. The only way it "sees" it is as an excluded plug in which, of course, I cannot load.

If it shows up as excluded that's your problem - UN-exclude it.
    Excluded plugins by definition won't show up in your menus.

From: https://www.cakewalk.com/Support/Knowledge-Base/2007012959/My-new-plug-ins-dont-show-up-in-Cakewalk

If you are confident it is properly installed, then the plug-in may be excluded from your plug-in lists.  To check:
    1. Click Tools | SONAR Plug-in Manager.
    2. Click “Excluded” or “Show excluded” in the lower left. 
    3. Highlight the type of plug in the “Plug-in Categories” list on the left.  If your plug-in is excluded, you should see it in the right column.  Highlight it and click “Enable Plug-in.”

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils" Loius-Hector Berlioz

www.AgitatedState.com MenuMagic - plug-in management powertools!
    My Tunes
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1