Scenes and Markers midi control

Author
johnkeel
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 56
2015/02/04 06:19:00 (permalink)

Scenes and Markers midi control

I just started programming everything for live gigs and im going with SONAR this time.

Two of the features that are the most useful seems to be SCENES and Markers navigation.
With both these features i can have one project with everything for the complete gig (backing tracks, clicks, vsts, fx evelops, etc), and have each song in it's marker with it's corresponding scene for mixing, mutes, etc.

The thing is, i really dont want to touch the laptop while im on stage, so i would really love to be able to control both using midi.
At the moment we have Next and Previous for both Markers and Scenes (i think) which can be both configured in the Midi Controller / ACT menu.
BUT, using only Next and Previous will force me to look at the laptop screen and scroll some times until i get both in the right place.

As a future feature i would like to suggest the option to be able to set a midi CC to Markers and another to Scenes, both capable of getting values, 0-127, like a regular midi control for ex: pan, volume, etc, i dont think a gig needs more then 127 Markers or Scenes.

Also, if Scenes would also record the transport position there would be no need for Markers.

Hopefully more users will think of this options as great value for a live performance!

My Personal WebsiteMy Band - SULLEN

Sonar Professional powered by Custom-Built Laptop with Xeon E5 2650V2 - 32GB 1600Mhz Memory - 2x SSD 512GB Samsung 840PRO RAID0 - Texas Inst. Firewire800 - RME Fireface802

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1