Scoring Video

Author
reberclark
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 117
2016/10/28 15:57:22 (permalink)

Scoring Video

I've been using SONAR (well, Cakewalk!) since the 90s when it was on floppy disks from Twelve-tone Systems. I am now using SONAR X3 Producer (64bit) and love it. However with an increase in video work I am considering moving to Digital Performer which is now available for PC. If more scoring-to-video features are in the works for SONAR I would love to know about them and I would stay with SONAR. 

Some of the things that are missing in Sonar for me are scoring items like a conductor track, streamers and punches, and
"find tempo" which allows you to hit cue points accurately and easily. I've been using Frans Absil's external program "Film Music Tempo Calculation Tool": http://www.fransabsil.nl/htm/eventhit.htm  - why not incorporate something similar into SONAR? The ability to slide the video track left and right freely would be an advantage as well.

I never render video from SONAR and really don't need that. 

I do like the expanded types of video files that can be used in SONAR now. The addition of .mp4 helps a lot!

So I'd rather not have to face the learning curve of DP and would love to have these few features included in SONAR.

Cheers!

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

SONAR Platinum 64bit, Windows  10 Pro 64bit, Polywell Core i7 x98 3.33GHz, 24GB RAM

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1