Helpful ReplySee You Down The Road, A Song written by Anthony H. "Findenzio"

Author
Serious_Noize!
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 950
2017/06/20 00:39:33 (permalink)

See You Down The Road, A Song written by Anthony H. "Findenzio"

This is a song my friend Anthony H. also known as Findenzio on the cake forums wrote. 

There are a few versions of this song, I asked Anthony if I could do a version of this song and he said it was okay and this is the result. 

First off, I am no mix master, and I am obviously no singer but I give it heck trying to do so. I played everything your hearing except the drums which I programmed because I am no drummer. I'm also no  mix master on this stuff, but I give it my best. 

Just thought someone might like hearing this. There are plans to record a better version of this song. 

Thanks for listening everyone!!! This is Findenzio's/Anthony's song, I just played what I heard from what I was hearing. 

https://soundcloud.com/user-103146623/see-you-down-the-road

Dell XPS 8700, 16GB's Ram, Sonar Platinum.
String Jammer
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 487
Re: See You Down The Road, A Song written by Anthony H. "Findenzio" 2017/06/20 03:06:27 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Serious_Noize! 2017/06/20 23:36:21
  You have grown musically by leaps and bounds, Bobby! Congrats!

dcumpian
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4124
Re: See You Down The Road, A Song written by Anthony H. "Findenzio" 2017/06/20 12:34:03 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Serious_Noize! 2017/06/21 00:07:40
Vocal doubling. Sing the track, then sing it again over the top. At that point, you can comp OR use both.

I can't fault any of the instrumentation. Guitars are well played. Bass gets a little lost in the mix, but that is easily fixed.

Good job!

Regards,
Dan

Mixing is all about control.

My music:
http://dancumpian.bandcamp.com/ or https://soundcloud.com/dcumpian Studiocat Advanced Studio DAW (Intel i5 3550 @ 3.7GHz, Z77 motherboard, 16GB Ram, lots of HDDs), Sonar Plat, Mackie 1604, PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL, ESI 4x4 Midi Interface, Ibanez Bass, Custom Fender Mexi-Strat, NI S88, Roland JV-2080 & MDB-1, Komplete, Omnisphere, Lots o' plugins.    
Serious_Noize!
Re: See You Down The Road, A Song written by Anthony H. "Findenzio" 2017/06/21 00:07:30 (permalink)
String Jammer
  You have grown musically by leaps and bounds, Bobby! Congrats!

Thanks Scotty, I have already replied to this 3 times, for some reason Cakewalk is not allowing me to reply. Thanks man!

Serious_Noize!
Re: See You Down The Road, A Song written by Anthony H. "Findenzio" 2017/06/21 11:29:13 (permalink)
dcumpian
Vocal doubling. Sing the track, then sing it again over the top. At that point, you can comp OR use both.

I can't fault any of the instrumentation. Guitars are well played. Bass gets a little lost in the mix, but that is easily fixed.

Good job!

Regards,
Dan

Thanks Dan! I haven't used Sonar pro much at all so there's a lot to learn. I was using Music Creator 7 and upgraded to Sonar Artist but didn't record anything on it and upgraded to Sonar pro, I've only recorded 2-3 songs using it so far. I really like Sonar Pro, the online video Tutorials really help but for me it's going to take a while to get a grasp on everything it can do. Thanks again. 

Serious_Noize!
Re: See You Down The Road, A Song written by Anthony H. "Findenzio" 2017/06/21 23:50:22 (permalink)
I did a quick remix of this song. I hope it sounds better. I wasn't thinking when I did the final mix because I thought it would be best to keep all the sounds flat considering all the various speakers and systems it might be heard on. On this mix I raised the bass and treble and it probably made the vocals a bit in the background, but considering I am not a singer that might be good thing! Hahahaha. 

Anyway, Here's attempt number 2. 

Thanks for listening in advance!

Bobby

Removed the 2nd version, I'm going to work on something better and post it when a real singer can add vocals. Thanks all!

post edited by Serious_Noize! - 2017/06/24 19:46:04

bjornpdx
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 759
Re: See You Down The Road, A Song written by Anthony H. "Findenzio" 2017/06/22 04:14:29 (permalink)
Bobby
Nice production throughout. Great guitar!  The vocal isn't bad but could use a boost of some sort. Maybe what Dan said.
Bjorn

Bjorn
soundcloud.com/orygun
www.bjornfredrickson.com
https://store.cdbaby.com/Artist/BjornFredrickson

Purrfect Audio Pro Studio, RME UCX
Cakewalk by Bandlab,  Studio One,  Reaper
Serious_Noize!
Re: See You Down The Road, A Song written by Anthony H. "Findenzio" 2017/06/22 21:01:05 (permalink)
bjornpdx
Bobby
Nice production throughout. Great guitar!  The vocal isn't bad but could use a boost of some sort. Maybe what Dan said.
Bjorn

Thanks Bjorn, I appreciate the kind comments. Not making excuses but I have actually had trouble just talking lately even when I recorded this, allergies and such. But I wanted to get something done from start to finish and not get side tracked on another idea like I normally do, so I at least accomplished that much. I have a bad habit of starting something and getting another idea and another idea etc.... Then I end up with a lot of unfinished stuff. So I am trying to change and making a conscious effort to start a project and not quite until I get completely done no matter how long it takes. 

I agree with Dan also, hopefully I can improve on the vox and the bass. I purchased the Mark Studio 2 from Overloud and haven't really gotten into the settings much on that yet, but then again I'm not a real bass player and I just play simple beats most of the time. 

Thanks again for taking the time to listen and comment! 

Bobby

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1