Select Waves 9.7 SG Studio Modules Folder in CbB

Author
Sam4246
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 148
2018/07/12 02:00:24 (permalink)

Select Waves 9.7 SG Studio Modules Folder in CbB

HP Envy Windows 10 up to date as of today - Intel Core i7-5500 CPU@ 2.40 Ghz, 16 GB ram, 64-bit operating system. 
Last weekend I updated my Waves Plugins to version 10.  Now, when CbB scans my plugins, a window pops up saying, "Select Waves 9.7 SG Studio Modules Folder."  Where is this at?  What folder do I pick? I searched my drive but did not find anything. I usually just click cancel and the scan continues to run fine. Remember, guys, I am dummy when it comes to computers.  I have the Waves Platinum Bundle and a few extra Waves Plugins, A Klanghelm VU meter plugin, and a couple of other freebies I installed from Focusrite - oh yeah, my interface is a 1st Gen Focusrite 18i20.  
I purchased SPLAT about 2 years ago, lifetime updates.  I mean, I am kind of dumb about computers, have 20+ years experience as an amateur audio engineer - still have my Fostex reel-to-reel from the old days - works great still.  A few weeks ago, SPLAT was locking up and the audio engine was dropping out.  So, I did a Windows Refresh, reinstalled SPLAT, installed CbB, updated all of my Waves plugins to version 10 and reinstalled, reinstalled all my freebie plugins as well as the Klanghelm VU meter plugin.  Sure, I understand some basic computer stuff, MSCONFIG, etc., but like Task Manager then looking at the Services running, hell, I have done tons of Google searches on should I have this service running or not on my DAW computer.  Nearly always find some people say, do it and some people say don't do it.  I mean, I did reset my machine all on my own, and it runs a thousand times better without all those bloatware programs on it - yes, I bought the machine at Best Buy using it to finish up my Bachelors degree.  Then I used it as my first DAW two years ago.  
Put it this way, I will search the internet for help on problems with my PC before I ask for help - but get this, on my first install of the Waves Platinum bundle (and any other plugins I got) I would choose all types - both VST2 and VST3 - including the 32 bit and the 64 bit versions of each!! So, when the scan would run in SPLAT, it said I had a ridiculous amount of plugins.  I must have installed them twice as well or something because at one put the scan would say I had 836 plugins.  Two years later, I realized, dude, you just need to install the VST3 64 bit versions.  Talk about feeling stupid!  
But the folder for the Waves 9.7 SG Studio Modules Folder - I am lost on what I need to do.  So I just hit cancel every time.  See, like I said, I am dummy about computers.  But I am not afraid to try to fix problems myself.  Hopefully, I brought some chuckles and laughter to your guys.  Everyone on the forums has been extremely helpful.  I couldn't find anything on this issue anywhere else.  So I thought, I better ask you guys.  (and yes, I have both SPLAT and CbB on my PC currently).  

Thanks guys! 

Al

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1