Send/Output location list getting too big!

Author
MagicMike
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 188
2017/07/17 16:32:32 (permalink)

Send/Output location list getting too big!

On large projects with many fx and buses, the list that pops up when selecting a send location or location for track output is getting a bit messy! There must be a better way of grouping this info together. I know about 'Send Assistant' but I still think this area can be improved.

Can we do something with this bakers?
Example here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2518i5tbp010sx1/list.png
The list scrolls on and on way past the bottom of the screen...
p.s. couldn't upload the image to my post - the image upload appears to be broken both in IE and Chrome

Windows 10 x64, 16 gb RAM,i7 4.2GHz, 250GB Samsung SSD for OS/Programs, SSD for current projects,  1TB Disk for audio and backup project files, RME UCX interface on USB, ASUS motherboard, dual screen setup with latest AMD FX 5450 catalyst drivers for graphics, Cakewalk by Bandlab. Samson Graphite 49 keyboard.

2 Replies Related Threads

interpolated
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 830
    Re: Send/Output location list getting too big! 2017/07/17 16:53:16 (permalink)
    That's a good point perhaps if they were colour coded like the busses and tracks it would make life easier. I know that ever since I started colour coding things. White for Aux channels, Red and Orange from drums. Green for Synths. Blue for Vocals and Purple/Pink for instrument parts etc.

Or even just group them and separate them with a divider line by the type of routing assignment. I'm sure that's harder to implement than it sounds. Or even a secondary context menu which can be selected by hitting on a greater than symbol like >.

I have computer stuff.

https://soundcloud.com/sigmadelta
    MagicMike
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 188
    Re: Send/Output location list getting too big! 2017/07/17 17:04:18 (permalink)
    Hi, it looks like a bog-standard Windows list view control. I'm sure it would be pretty easy to change it to a tree view or an Outlook style grouped list

Windows 10 x64, 16 gb RAM,i7 4.2GHz, 250GB Samsung SSD for OS/Programs, SSD for current projects,  1TB Disk for audio and backup project files, RME UCX interface on USB, ASUS motherboard, dual screen setup with latest AMD FX 5450 catalyst drivers for graphics, Cakewalk by Bandlab. Samson Graphite 49 keyboard.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1