Sends with effect, panning knob

Author
kmsomethingmore
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 90
2011/02/14 10:37:49 (permalink)

Sends with effect, panning knob

Hi all,
Just curious if anyone can provide their two cents about the send controls, the level of effect, and panning knob.  It seems to me that once I setup a send to reverb for example, my pan down further on the strip has little affect anymore, but now the panning "knob" on the send seems to control the panning, of the instrument and effect?  Do I match the % on the "knob" in the send with the track pan below?  Just curious?  Also the POST button, on or off?  So many options!!  :)
Thanks
Kevin

1 Reply Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    Re:Sends with effect, panning knob 2011/02/14 10:44:07 (permalink)
    It all depends upon how you have the reverb set up.  If you have it less than 100% wet you are sending the "dry" signal through the send, too.  That is masking whatever panning is going on in the channel pan.  Set the reverb to 100% wet and your send knob becomes a volume control for the reverb only.  Then you can pan your dry signal to where ever you want it in the stereo output field.  Reverb is usually stereo, so the reverb will spread to each speaker, which is what reverb does.  Of course, you can mess with that, too.  A lot of time delays will be in one speaker while the dry is in the opposite one.  Once you get the concept down there is a lot of fun to be had in "spreading" out your sounds in the stereo field.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1