Sertain kind of piano or synth

Author
jderipper
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 21
2010/10/13 14:52:55 (permalink)

Sertain kind of piano or synth

Hello all,

I am not sure if I am on the right sub forum here, but I do not have any technique to share instead I would like to some particular synth or piano.

I have a song with just such a beautiful part in it and I have searched all my plugins for that kind of sound or several sounds together to create something like it but I did not get even close.
I am not really experienced in hearing notes and other stuff(I am quite new in music).

I was hoping some of you guys could tell me which kind of synth or piano was used to create this.

[Sound]

A lot of thanks for reading this. I really hope I can create something similar to this, sorry for the troubles I am trying to learn some new stuff but this one was really hard to find...

Thanks again!

Joris
post edited by jderipper - 2010/10/13 14:59:15

4 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:Sertain kind of piano or synth 2010/10/13 15:47:35 (permalink)
    sounds like a pad of some sort....

what synths do you have?

Native instruments Kontakt has a huge sample library of pads and strings.... and so does a few other synths they have...

I also recently got the Cakewalk DimLE synth and it came with quite a few pads..... to pinpoint the exact patch or sample from a short clip is difficult. I would suggest buying a few synths on the lower end of the price spectrum like DimLe  and play around with the sounds in it.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    jderipper
    Re:Sertain kind of piano or synth 2010/10/14 04:09:35 (permalink)
    thanks for your fast answer Dimension Le looks promising and kontakt is huge :P a bit expensive to. Music is just a hobby for me :p.

I have mostly simple plugins not with huge liberies like traktor (hydra, true pianos, hypersonic, freehand)

I will play around with dim le ;) hope that I can get something similar

thanks again!
    Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re:Sertain kind of piano or synth 2010/10/14 08:33:52 (permalink)
     check out some of the FREE sound samples and things that are available.

http://www.kvraudio.com/get.php

http://www.sf2midi.com/soundfonts/

if you google search the internet, there are lots of free sounds. Get the SFZ player and  these sounds are all there for you to use. I started out using a bunch of the free stuff. I mostly do not use the free sounds now..... the ones I bought sound better, but getting started...you can not beat the price of a free soundfont.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    jderipper
    Re:Sertain kind of piano or synth 2010/10/15 10:33:53 (permalink)
    Thank you really!!! :D I succeeded in making something similar to this sound.. I just didn't know that it were strings and pads together. I had some of them in my own plug-in library
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1