Session Drummer 2 & MIDI

Author
RickVen
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 25
2008/02/19 17:01:07 (permalink)

Session Drummer 2 & MIDI

I see that SD2 can be manipulated with MIDI. Can I insert SD2 into the pre-existing MIDI drum parts of Cakewalk tracks and have it duplicate the MIDI data just replacing the output sound to the SD2 kits?

I am specifically looking for something that will read the drum MIDI data exactly as previously created but only changing the sounds to the more authentic drum tones this product offer.

Thanks,
Rick

2 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Session Drummer 2 & MIDI 2008/02/19 18:05:43 (permalink)
    I am specifically looking for something that will read the drum MIDI data exactly as previously created but only changing the sounds to the more authentic drum tones this product offer.
    Session Drummer 2 certainly follows the General MIDI Level 1 Percussion Key Map. I don't know if the expansions for SD2 also adhere to it, but I think that it's safe to assume similar .sfz programming within those. So if your archived files also follow the GM standard, you're all set.
    RickVen
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 25
    RE: Session Drummer 2 & MIDI 2008/02/20 12:49:54 (permalink)
    Thanks B,

That answers my question. I am also enjoying reading up on the site you linked. Gathering from that site, it seems that the answer to my question would be both yes & no in that whichever data in SD2 is aligned with the GM standard it will comply. However, anything above and beyond what is established by the GM standards will not sound I suppose.

Thanks again!
    Rick
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1