Session Drummer 2: Weak Bass Drum Issue - Requesting Help

Author
tricky nick
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11
2010/06/05 18:19:49 (permalink)

Session Drummer 2: Weak Bass Drum Issue - Requesting Help

I recently obtained a dedicated computer for studio duty. What that meant was uninstalling Sonar Home Studio 6 XL and reinstalling the software on the new PC. I'm pulling my hair out, however, because the bass drum midi track I programmed into my most recent project, that used to be "in your face", now appears weak and inconsistent in spite of consistent velocity programming of the bass drum notes. I even loaded the CWP file on a friend's version of the same software and the "in your face' bass drum was there. The bass drum sounds fine when playing loops in Session Drummer 2, and the other samples - with the excpetion of the snare which now sounds much more unnatural than it did in the past - seem unaffected. In fact, that's part of what gives away the bass drum's inconsistency. The stock program / drum kit levels all sounded fine before, now the bass drum is almost absent.

Equally puzzling is the fact when I choose the instance of Session Drummer 2 (rather than "DM1Session Drummer 2) I'm running as the output of the midi track, the piano roll will not display drum notes and the Note Map Pane does not appear.

Any help anyone can provide is greately appreciated, as I've spent the past 2 days choosing different programs / drum kits and trying to adjust the midi track output level, audio track input level, and velocity percentage to get the bass drum back.

If any of this information helps:

My sound card driver is disabled, and I use an M-Audio Mobile Pre audio interface in its place.
I'm using a Pentium 4 3.2 GHZ processor with 1.99 GB of RAM.
My soundcard is Realtek High Definition Audio, although it's disabled.
My OS is Windows XP Home Edition.
The bass drum is output to its own (of 6 total) audio track.

If you need any information about my Drum Map Manager or map properties or any other information, please let me know.

4 Replies Related Threads

tricky nick
    Re:Session Drummer 2: Weak Bass Drum Issue - Requesting Help 2010/06/07 18:46:58 (permalink)
    Should I try uninstalling everything, then reinstalling?
    tricky nick
    Re:Session Drummer 2: Weak Bass Drum Issue - Requesting Help 2010/06/08 18:14:56 (permalink)
    The input is set perfectly (-.3 input) and the mix fader is at 0, but the bass drum sound like a beater on a couch cushion...it's almost like there's some sort of comb filtering.
    planetearth
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 763
    Re:Session Drummer 2: Weak Bass Drum Issue - Requesting Help 2010/06/20 22:56:04 (permalink)
    I just noticed no one has suggested anything here. Are you still having a problem with this? If so, I'll try to help. I have SD2 and an idea of what your problem might be.

By the way, where's Viera in relation to Tampa?

SONAR Platinum ▪ NI Komplete, Korg DLC, Arturia V5 Collection, Dimension Pro, IK Multimedia & other synths ▪ Les Paul, Peavey and Yamaha guitars. Listen to some of my stuff here: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife . Comments from other SONAR users are always welcome!
    tricky nick
    Re:Session Drummer 2: Weak Bass Drum Issue - Requesting Help 2010/07/10 13:18:09 (permalink)
    It's still happening, so I just tried to compensate for it. Strangely, it only appears to be happening in this one project.

Viera is near Kennedy Space Center - just south of Cocoa Beach. It's about 2.5 hours east of Tampa. 
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1