Session Drummer 3 Odd Glitch

Author
sspbass
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 22
2010/10/07 13:51:56 (permalink)

Session Drummer 3 Odd Glitch

Hi,
Has anyone seen this happen before?  I load a kit into Session drummer 3 and then head to my yamaha electric drum kit to sit and play.  Every drum works fine but when I hit the kick drum on my kit it triggers a full pattern...it automatically plays this pattern every time I hit the kick drum.  I am sure this is something easy but I am wondering what this is?  I downloaded the master classes videos and followed every instruction but nothing on this quirky subject!  Thanks for the assistance!

2 Replies Related Threads

BretB
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 508
    Re:Session Drummer 3 Odd Glitch 2010/10/07 15:40:34 (permalink)
    Your kick is triggering the wrong note.  On my Yamaha kit I programed a custom kit just for use with SD3.  The kick should trigger note 35 I think.  If you can't change it in your kit, you will have to edit the midi map.  For me, it was easy to edit my kit notes.

Sonar Platinum - A&H ZED R16 - KRK VXT4's - Yamaha DTXpress IV & Gretsch Catalina Maple kits

"Music is what feelings sound like"
    https://soundcloud.com/bret575b
    BretB
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 508
    Re:Session Drummer 3 Odd Glitch 2010/10/14 19:51:13 (permalink)
    OK, I looked at the manual for the Yamaha DTXplorer.  You can't change your MIDI output notes so you will have to do it in a MIDI map edit.  In Sonar, go to "Options""Instruments" and route to "General MIDI Drums".  Go to "Options""Drum Map Manager" and select from the Presets menu "GM Drums (Basic Kit)".  Refer to your DTX manual I think page 31 to see the MIDI note outputs from your kit.  Edit the MIDI map and save to a new name.

Sonar Platinum - A&H ZED R16 - KRK VXT4's - Yamaha DTXpress IV & Gretsch Catalina Maple kits

"Music is what feelings sound like"
    https://soundcloud.com/bret575b
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1