Session Drummer 3 Sound hit's are Looping

Author
Briankw
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 88
2014/11/30 16:36:52 (permalink)

Session Drummer 3 Sound hit's are Looping

Hello Forum,
I'm having issues with sound hit's off of a looping CD.  When I load up the bass drum or snare sound into session drummer and hit that sound it keeps looping the kick or snare sound it's not a one shot sound. How do I make it a one shot sound?

4 Replies Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Session Drummer 3 Sound hit's are Looping 2014/11/30 18:14:58 (permalink)
    Session Drummer is not designed to work with audio loops. It uses one shot samples or sfz files which in turn reference a collection of one shot files. The loops would have to be bounced to regular wave files to work in Session Drummer.
    Briankw
    Re: Session Drummer 3 Sound hit's are Looping 2014/11/30 18:47:08 (permalink)
    Hello scook,

On this loop cd, it has the individual tracks,(Drums, Keyboard, Bass etc..) then it has a folder of hit files.  That has the individual sounds broken down, (Bass Drum hit, Snare hit, Hi-Hat hit etc..) On previous looping cd's I have used the hit files and they worked fine.  But these files don't.  I thought Hit Files were for the intent to be used as one shot sample?  
    "The loops would have to be bounced to regular wave files to work in Session Drummer."
    How would I bounce these files to a regular wave file?

Thanks,
    Keith

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Session Drummer 3 Sound hit's are Looping 2014/11/30 19:09:07 (permalink)
    It depends on the format of the audio file. The term loop does not have a precise definition. Sometimes a plain wave file is called a loop. Acidized waves are also called loops. When a plain wave file is played in Session Drummer, it plays one time. When a wave file plays continuously in Session Drummer the file has a loop in it. I have no idea what files you are working with and can only describe what happens when different types of files are played in Session Drummer.

It does seem odd that the "Hit Files" repeat, if they are intended to play as one shot files. It may be something to discuss with the CD manufacturer.

Files can be converted to plain wave files in a audio editor. Some editors can work on batches of files. An editor can also the loops points, if any, in a wave. If you don't already have a commercial editor like SoundForge or Wavelab, a free editor like Wavosaur would work.
    Briankw
    Re: Session Drummer 3 Sound hit's are Looping 2014/11/30 20:18:50 (permalink)
    Thanks for you in site, I will look into this a little more..

Keith

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1