Session Drummer Midi OUTPUT

Author
NTO
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 41
2009/09/25 12:02:36 (permalink)

Session Drummer Midi OUTPUT

I'm pretty sure I've seen the answer to this in a forum message, but I can't find it after several tries using the search.
This title should be pretty clear...

Despite all the quirks, SD2 gives me  functionality I desire.    I can play or automate drum tracks with varied instrument sounds on independent audio tracks.

However, it has one capability that I have not been able to access.  That is to use the midi equivalent of the audio out to record my performances.  There are a couple ways to enable the midi out (insert synth and synth rack).  Once I have done so, I can insert a midi track, and all SD midi outputs are there as midi inputs.  I wish to use Omni (so far) to catch any of the instruments to the one midi track.

The problem is no meter activity (or logically then - no notes recorded) on the midi track.  Of course the midi track is normal in other respects; my external devices can be received there fine - clips can be dropped there, etc.

All the controls I can find in the SD interfaces are set for midi enable, and since it is in the input list, that seems fine.

Anyone know the secret passage I'm missing?

TIA

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1