Session Drummer

Author
lowtidelou
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
2006/01/26 16:52:19 (permalink)

Session Drummer

Hi all,

This is a first time post. I'm grateful to have this opportunity to ask for help with session drummer. Like many, I couldn't figure out how to get it to work. However, I read the tutorials from Robomusic (session drummer and start up info for beginners). I was able to get session drummer to work for about three days. Then, I must have messed something up, because now I hear nothing at all when trying to use session drummer.

I have gone back over the info for beginners and the other tutorial, but I'm still not getting any sound when I open session drummer. The rest of the program is working great for me, and this has been the only glich. I'm thinking I must have flicked a switch the wrong way, which is why I can now hear nothing with session drummer. Any thoughts or ideas that anyone has would be appreciated. Do I need to un install MC and start all over again?

3 Replies Related Threads

57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    RE: Session Drummer 2006/01/26 22:39:31 (permalink)
    Is there anything showing on the track where session drummer is? Click 'view' at the top, then 'console'. The track where you put session drummer should have "session drummer" as the effect written in the black area of the console. If it's not there, it's gone. (Obviousman strikes again). Right click in the black area and select session drummer from the effects list and see if it comes back. Otherwise, you'll have to do it again. Greg
    lowtidelou
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: Session Drummer 2006/01/27 20:35:28 (permalink)
    Hi Greg - Thanks for responding to my post.

Thank you for your suggestion. MY problem is that I'm not getting any sound at all from Session Drummer. The only exception is when I open an audio track and link it to Edirol VSC. If I open a Midi track alone and choose session drummer, I can't hear anything. I can't even preview the different drum patterns and sound. My output is set to Microsoft GS wavesynth. Again, this was working for a few days. Now, it's suddenly stopped working (which makes me believe that I disconnected something when I was fooling around with a project).
    I wrote to technical support, and they were kind enough to send suggestions. However, that has also failed to produce any results. The rest of the system is working fine . I just can't get any sound out of session drummer. Any thoughts?
    Robomusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: Session Drummer 2006/01/28 03:21:00 (permalink)
    To use microsoft synth GS you have to be using MME driver mode, however i would not really care if I were you Microsoftsynth GS sucks and Edirol sounds much better, especially the GS set.

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1