Setting Default Track Heights, and larger height for selected track [solved]

Author
Leee
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 783
2018/12/26 15:04:27 (permalink)

Setting Default Track Heights, and larger height for selected track [solved]

Instead of using templates to start a new project, I created a default (empty) project set up exactly how I like my dual screen setup to be.  I've been using the same default project for years, but I wanted to make a new one with some changes.
But I cannot figure out how to adjust the heights of the tracks (besides just dragging the bottom edge), and to make the selected track slightly taller than the others, and also to NOT have the track minimized when I open a new VST instrument.

I spent over an hour looking through the help documents and searched this forum as well.  I also went through every menu and preference screen but still could not find how to set these parameters. It's probably staring me right in the face.  Any help would be much appreciated!

EDIT:  I'm basically looking how to make the selected track get larger in  height when I click on it (selected).  And trying to find out how to have the tracks NOT minimized when I open a new VST instrument.
post edited by Leee - 2018/12/26 17:57:51

Lee Shapiro
www.soundclick.com/leeshapiro

Welcome BandLab and thank you for giving Cakewalk and Sonar a new lease on life.

3 Replies Related Threads

chuckebaby
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 13146
    Re: Setting Default Track Heights, and larger height for selected track 2018/12/26 17:12:39 (permalink)
    You can use the "CTRL+SHIFT+UP ARROW" to Decrease the current track height. Or "CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN ARROW" to Increase its height.

This works well on multiple tracks. just Select all tracks (CTRL+A) then use the shortcut above. It will change all tracks.

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
    Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
    Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

Leee
    Re: Setting Default Track Heights, and larger height for selected track 2018/12/26 17:23:59 (permalink)
    chuckebaby
    You can use the "CTRL+SHIFT+UP ARROW" to Decrease the current track height. Or "CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN ARROW" to Increase its height.

This works well on multiple tracks. just Select all tracks (CTRL+A) then use the shortcut above. It will change all tracks.

The first part worked, but when I selected all tracks, it doesn't adjust all of them only the one selected so the name of the track is highlighted (even though all the numbers on the tracks are highlighted)
    And I still can't figure out how to make the size of a selected track change when I click on it.  I used to be able to do that with my other project file.

Lee Shapiro

Welcome BandLab and thank you for giving Cakewalk and Sonar a new lease on life.
    Leee
    Re: Setting Default Track Heights, and larger height for selected track 2018/12/26 18:00:03 (permalink)
    I figured it out.  Everything will now do what I wanted it to.
    I just clicked on "View" and then "Auto Track Zoom".
    I knew it was staring at me right in the face!

Lee Shapiro

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1