Setting Up Sonar with MBox 2 Pro

Author
RBM01991
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2011/12/14 22:58:42 (permalink)

Setting Up Sonar with MBox 2 Pro

Hey guys, I'm Eric, long time Pro Tools user that just recently switched to Sonar. I'm still working out some of the kinks, but something is keeping me from enjoying the full experience. My MBox 2 Pro is not routing my input audio signal to where my monitors are connected. Every time I plug my guitar in, I can see there is signal, but I can't seem to set an output to either the master channel, or anything else for that matter. I've tried setting some of the audio drivers on the settings page, but I keep getting nowhere, can someone please help? If it helps, this is what I'm running. PS. My soft synths work very well and I can write, record and play them back no problem.

Windows 7 64 bit.
Asus Motherboard
16 GB of Ram
nVidia 9500GT
2TB WD Portable Hard Drive

3 Replies Related Threads

Anderton
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14070
    Re:Setting Up Sonar with MBox 2 Pro 2011/12/15 01:46:53 (permalink)
    There are two reasons I can think of. You've probably done the first one already, but just in case...

One of the nice things about Pro Tools is when you hit the default button for the In and Out tabs in the Setup menu, and assuming an Avid or Digidesign interface (probably M-Audio too...I haven't checked), PT automatically maps all your I/O.

Sonar and other programs that don't have "captive" interfaces require that you specify the ins and outs. With Sonar, that's the preferences menu. Make sure the desired outs are selected, and that the outputs for individual tracks are assigned to your master outs (e.g., typically Main 1-2 on PT interfaces).

The second is to turn on Input Echo (the blue button grouped in with the record enable and similar buttons on a track). Without this, Sonar won't monitor what's at your input through the computer.
    RBM01991
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Setting Up Sonar with MBox 2 Pro 2011/12/16 02:17:41 (permalink)
    Hey man thanks, I have done that first one, in the morning I'll check the second one.

Cakewalk Sonar X1 Producer, Asus Maximus III Motherboard, 16 GB of RAM, i7 @ 3.2GHz, 3 TB of SPACE! Nuff said.
    Anderton
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14070
    Re:Setting Up Sonar with MBox 2 Pro 2011/12/16 02:32:37 (permalink)
    Oksy...if you haven't turned on input echo, that's probably it. Also enable record. If you STILL don't get anything, disable both record and input echo, then turn them on again. Sometimes it seems they don't "stick" the first time around.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1