Setting up Tascam DM-3200 with Motu 2408 mk2 via TDIF and Sonar 8.5 - HELP!

Author
palagic456
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2017/11/29 18:03:55 (permalink)

Setting up Tascam DM-3200 with Motu 2408 mk2 via TDIF and Sonar 8.5 - HELP!

HELP!!!
I'm hoping there is somebody still out there who does this.
I just acquired a Tascam DM-3200 and am in the process of cabling it up and..........uh-ehm........attempting (in vain) to set up the routing.  I have the following setup:
- Sonar Producer 8.5 (Windows XP...I know, but it's stable.)
- MOTU 2408 mk2
- Tascam DM-3200 running firmware 1.70 (current)
- connected Word Clock BNC Cable (Motu as master, DM-3200 as slave)
- 3 TDIF cables all connected to respective banks A, B, C on Motu.

Word Clock is set to internal on Motu and working fine.
PCI-324 settings are set to TDIF on all 3 banks and Output to From Computer.  I even have the automation configured and working over USB including time code.

What I want to do is use all 16 Mic/Line inputs on Tascam, route them - via TDIF to 2 MOTU Banks for 16 simultaneous inputs.
I then also want to be able to have the automation work (realizing there are only 16 faders avail on the REMOTE layer)  - for mixing out of the Box - should I so choose. But will likely have more like 22 tracks....  (how do I get stereo out back from Motu onto DM-3200? Would/should I use Bank A for that as it echoes all first 8 on analog and 1-2 to stereo? Would I then have to use Bank's B and C for 16 M/L inputs from DM-3200.  Would it be better to use ADAT cable for the  "other" channels beyond the 16?

There certainly MUST be someone out there who has done this.  If so - could someone screen-shot their input and output routing screens for M/L, TDIF Banks, Stereo outs, Bus outs, Aux, etc? 
I'm currently getting a mic input signal on ch 1 of the board, but its not going anywhere....except echoing on channel 17.

I also would like - to run 4 separate monitor mixes from the board to avoid latency (if possible) and run those to an external 4 channel headphone amp.  What is the best way to do this? If this is not possible, I'll go back to doing in Cuemix - but how best to cable out of Motu to headphone amp - even with Cuemix?

I'm obviously a newbie to this digital routing stuff and would REALLY appreciate any help getting it set up.  I've been reading the manual over and over and the routing stuff is just not making sense to me. Once this is set up, I'll probably never change it if it works. :)

Any help GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1