Show/Hide Pro Channel

Author
Dave Modisette
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11050
2011/01/28 23:04:02 (permalink)

Show/Hide Pro Channel

Can someone confirm that there is no way to bind this command to a key or a button on an Alphatrack?

Dave Modisette ... rocks a Purrrfect Audio Studio Pro rig.

http://www.gatortraks.com 
My music.
... And of course, the Facebook page. 

7 Replies Related Threads

wormser
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 984
    Re:Show/Hide Pro Channel 2011/01/28 23:11:15 (permalink)
    +1 for that.

I keep losing the hide icon because it's so small, even on a 23 inch LCD.
    Actually I keep forgetting where it is and mis-click :)

Windows 8 x64
    Intel i7 950 3.06ghz 6 GB DDR3 1333(1066) OCZ memory
    Gigabyte X58A-UD3R v.2.0
    Delta 66.
    Seagate 1.0tb drives x4 OS, Audio, VST, Backup Stuff. 
    Mackie MCU Pro Latest.
    Faderport.
    Sonar X2, PreSonus 2.x, Reaper.

Middleman
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4397
    Re:Show/Hide Pro Channel 2011/01/28 23:28:43 (permalink)
    Use Screenset to create 3 different views of the inspector. Assign each view to a different Alphatrack button. I can choose the ProChannel, Track or Clip view this way. I guess the question is, what do you want to see when the ProChannel is hidden?
    post edited by Middleman - 2011/01/28 23:34:04

Gear: A bunch of stuff.
    Dave Modisette
    Re:Show/Hide Pro Channel 2011/01/29 08:05:40 (permalink)
    What I am trying to work around is the small widget you have to click in the console view.
    It's a bit of a hassle locating and targeting it to bring up the Pro Channel for an individual track. 

My current solution is to bring up the Inspector (which works in the console view as well - good thinking on CW's part).  With the Inspector showing the Pro Channel, I can click on any particular track or Bus and see what I'm looking for or make my tweaks.  It's probably better this way but I need to get used to shifting my focus to the side of my two screen display.  (I find the floating Inspector in the way a lot in this situation.)  It's workable but being able to bring up several Pro Channel views would be better when you have a couple of tracks with the same performance on them (like a DI bass track and a mic'd bass track, for example.)  You'd like to be able to tweak them both as one track affects the other in the overall mix.

My music.
    HumbleNoise
    Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2946
    Re:Show/Hide Pro Channel 2011/01/29 08:28:16 (permalink)
    DAve I never thought of having the inspector open with the CV. Good thinking on your part.

Humbly Yours

Larry

Sonar X2 x64
    MAudio 2496
    Yamaha MG 12/4
    Roland XV-88
    Intel MB with Q6600 and 4 GB Ram
    NVidia 9800 GTX
    Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
    guitartrek
    Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2842
    Re:Show/Hide Pro Channel 2011/01/29 08:41:00 (permalink)
    That's a great idea Dave to have the ability to bind the PC as opposed to the tiny right arrow at the top of the channel strip.  Since I went from 1920x1200 to 1920x1080 I can't see that little arrow unless I scroll up the strip.  Consequently, I use the inspector exclusively for PC like you do. 
    Middleman
    Max Output Level: -31.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4397
    Re:Show/Hide Pro Channel 2011/01/29 11:07:31 (permalink)
    Ok, I was assuming you were operating from the TV and so this is not a problem there. I have the Browser to the left, Inspector to the right of this and then the TV. It makes for keeping modifications and updates to one area of the screen. I can then just clik one of the 4(8) alphatrack buttons and it repaints the screen to the Inspector View I need.

Not dinging the CV crowd here but I abandoned using that view years ago. Too many visuals going on there that had me focusing on the screen. The TV is boring but I found I can concentrate more on the sound when using it. I am old school and did use the CV for a long time because it has a familiar interface. At one point I was migrating to the PT environment and found the TV in Sonar more useful. Stuck with it past that point.

Gear: A bunch of stuff.
    Dave Modisette
    Re:Show/Hide Pro Channel 2011/01/29 13:24:40 (permalink)
    Middleman

Ok, I was assuming you were operating from the TV and so this is not a problem there. I have the Browser to the left, Inspector to the right of this and then the TV. It makes for keeping modifications and updates to one area of the screen. I can then just clik one of the 4(8) alphatrack buttons and it repaints the screen to the Inspector View I need.

Not dinging the CV crowd here but I abandoned using that view years ago. Too many visuals going on there that had me focusing on the screen. The TV is boring but I found I can concentrate more on the sound when using it. I am old school and did use the CV for a long time because it has a familiar interface. At one point I was migrating to the PT environment and found the TV in Sonar more useful. Stuck with it past that point.

Not dinging the CV crowd here but I abandoned using that view years ago. Too many visuals going on there that had me focusing on the screen. The TV is boring but I found I can concentrate more on the sound when using it. I am old school and did use the CV for a long time because it has a familiar interface. At one point I was migrating to the PT environment and found the TV in Sonar more useful. Stuck with it past that point.

With X1, I'm liking the CV more.  It's where I can see at a glance the state of all my tracks (within a two screen limitation.)  You can see more controls and widgets. 

I find that I tend to concentrate on the sound more in CV because I'm not watch wave forms roll by and noticing every little transient that doesn't land on a grid line.  It's like I hear what works instead of see what shouldn't work.

Regardless, I'm using both views for best effect.

My music.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1