Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
deltadreams
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 101
2003/12/27 11:32:08 (permalink)

Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure

Does anyone know how to configure use the outer jog wheel to scroll Sonar 3 Producer Edition to move by Tick or Beat and not just Measure?

I read some posts here that you can do so but none explaining how it's done.

Thanks!

44 Replies Related Threads

b rock
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/27 13:41:29 (permalink)
    It looked like your post was catching the undertow toward the Land of the Unanswered Posts ...

I don't have the ShuttlePro v2, but I have been watching the threads with great interest. Have you read this one? It indicates that support for S3 is included with the updated drivers. There's a newer one dated 12/16/03 (2.5.7) located here.

I didn't take the time to download the pcusersguide.pdf on the same page, but that might give you a direction.

There appears to be a control panel you can set up to utilize any functions not supported directly by the Sonar 'template'. Let us know what you find out.
    deltadreams
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/27 14:38:18 (permalink)
    I did install the Sonar 3 driver in order for the Shuttle Pro to work with it but didn't find anything in the document that says to do so.

Thanks for the effort though.
    ba_midi
    • Total Posts : 14061
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/27 15:14:13 (permalink)
    You can make your own settings.... so, if there is key in Sonar that moves by beat or whatever, you simply assign that to one of the Shuttle Pro keys/knobs/whatever.

I don't know if there's a "move by tick" in Sonar. Is there?

ORIGINAL: deltadreams

I did install the Sonar 3 driver in order for the Shuttle Pro to work with it but didn't find anything in the document that says to do so.

Thanks for the effort though.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

http://www.ba-midi.com/music/files
    Music gives me life, so I give life Music.
    Thanks for listening - Let's Dance to the rhythm of life! :)
    b rock
    • Total Posts : 8717
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/27 15:26:06 (permalink)

I don't that it's configurable in the ShuttlePro setup, but how about Process/Slide to move by ticks, measures, frames and fractions of a second?

(I need to get Pro v2, or at least download that .pdf.)
    deltadreams
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/27 16:12:59 (permalink)
    There isn't an attribute value for tick, beat, or measure for the jog wheel for the Sonar 3 application with the Shuttle Pro.

You can't do that with a regular computer keyboard in Sonar but I heard from a couple people that there's a work around in SP that will let you do so.

Best,
    ba_midi
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/27 17:27:11 (permalink)
    You can create macros in Shuttlel Pro V2, so that probably could be programmed if it's doable in Sonar

ORIGINAL: b rock

I don't that it's configurable in the ShuttlePro setup, but how about Process/Slide to move by ticks, measures, frames and fractions of a second?

(I need to get Pro v2, or at least download that .pdf.)

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

Asylum Moon
    • Total Posts : 136
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/27 18:54:56 (permalink)
    Anyone know if its possible to have the SPv2 scrub audio tracks?
    ba_midi
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/27 21:41:56 (permalink)
    I think it already has a function for that.... I can check and get back to you (not at the DAW at the moment).

ORIGINAL: Asylum Moon

Anyone know if its possible to have the SPv2 scrub audio tracks?

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

Blades
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3246
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/29 08:50:46 (permalink)
    Ok, here's a few thoughts on version 1 and Sonar 3.

I use it with the "in Sonar" driver, rather than the control panel thingy. The limitation to this is primarily that the wheel and the ring will perform the same function the same way, but that's ok, since I don't really use the wheel that much anyway. In my case, I can select the resolution through the "control surface plugin" properties in sonar as measures beats or ticks, the the usefulness of ticks is pretty questionable.

As far as scrubbing - I have found that that you can get it to scrub, sorta, in a not so useful, uncontrollable way - so "No". I hope someone can correct me on this, as I would like to see it scrub, though I don't ever really feel the need to scrub audio <g>. - cool factor 9.

I don't actually know what version of the Sonar driver I'm using - I got it from the Countour designs web site a few months ago - it LOOKS the same as the one I had in Sonar2 and the copyright still says 2002. Am I missing something in not having the newest version? or am I just lucky that old version works? Or is it a version 1 vs. version 2 thing? I don't know.

Blades
    deltadreams
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/29 11:05:25 (permalink)
    Where did you get the Control Surface Plugin for Sonar?

I've been trying to find it but can't.
    tazman
    Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2435
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/29 11:08:54 (permalink)
    If you click on the button to the right of the drop down box with the Shuttle pro name in SOnar, you can change some of the settings for the buttons. One of them will allow you to do what you are looking for. I'll try to post more details once I get to my DAW. Been really busy lately and have not been in the studio in a few days.

Cheers,
    ba_midi
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/29 12:23:16 (permalink)
    Bladaes,

Just so you know, there are much newer drivers available for the Shuttle & Pro v2 on the contourdesign.com site.

ORIGINAL: Blades

Ok, here's a few thoughts on version 1 and Sonar 3.

I use it with the "in Sonar" driver, rather than the control panel thingy. The limitation to this is primarily that the wheel and the ring will perform the same function the same way, but that's ok, since I don't really use the wheel that much anyway. In my case, I can select the resolution through the "control surface plugin" properties in sonar as measures beats or ticks, the the usefulness of ticks is pretty questionable.

As far as scrubbing - I have found that that you can get it to scrub, sorta, in a not so useful, uncontrollable way - so "No". I hope someone can correct me on this, as I would like to see it scrub, though I don't ever really feel the need to scrub audio <g>. - cool factor 9.

I don't actually know what version of the Sonar driver I'm using - I got it from the Countour designs web site a few months ago - it LOOKS the same as the one I had in Sonar2 and the copyright still says 2002. Am I missing something in not having the newest version? or am I just lucky that old version works? Or is it a version 1 vs. version 2 thing? I don't know.

Blades

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

rgfors
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1068
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/29 16:22:14 (permalink)
    Ah hah! You bit on the Cakewalk special as well!! I bought it and love it. As far as mine, there is a box in the upper left hand corner within Sonar 3, with a drop down menu. (I use two control surfaces, and it lets me choose which one.) In there, it allows you to set it up for scrolling how you want. I use beats...

Randy
    deltadreams
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/29 18:49:55 (permalink)
    Which control surfaces do you have? I contacted Contour Support and they told me the new drivers don't work with Sonar 3.
    rgfors
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/29 18:51:22 (permalink)
    I use the Tascam FW-1884 and the Shuttle Pro. I have only used the shuttle pro in Sonar 3 PE, and it works perfect. I've had zero problems with it...

Randy
    SRDill
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/29 19:00:35 (permalink)
    Click on View, Toolbars, and put a check in Control Surfaces.
    This will put a Contour toolbar on your desktop where you can change resolution with a click.
    deltadreams
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/29 19:38:54 (permalink)
    Actually what I meant was:

Shuttle Pro v2's jog wheel to move by Beat, Tick, or Measure is not currently supported in Sonar 3 with the latest Control Surface Module.

Were you able to get this to work? If so, can you send me your module that you used?
    Asylum Moon
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/29 19:39:32 (permalink)
    Are you using S3? I can not find a control surface for the SPv2. If you are using the S3 generic control surface do you need to be running the SPv2 control panel as well? I can not figure out how to program the cakewalk control surface for the SPv2.

This will put a Contour toolbar on your desktop where you can change resolution with a click.
    rgfors
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/29 20:57:59 (permalink)
    On contour's website, they have a Sonar driver. I downloaded the driver, and installed it, as per the instructions. I then followed the instructions and installed it as a control surface. All of this in Sonar 3, it works like a charm...

Randy
    deltadreams
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/29 21:05:41 (permalink)
    Ok rgfors:

So the Shuttle Pro v2 allows you to move by Beat or Tick in Sonar 3? I know it works with Sonar 3, but the jog wheel currently only lets me move by measure.
    rgfors
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/29 21:09:57 (permalink)
    I don't know what to tell you, mine allows me to move by ticks, beats or measures. Again, I did what I said in an earlier post, and voila! it works as advertised.

I will investigate further and see if I can recreate the exact chain of events, as what I listed earlier is from memory...

Randy
    ba_midi
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/29 22:45:28 (permalink)
    What?? There are new drivers SPECIFICALLY for Sonar 3 (both editions!) and they work fine...and are ON their website !

You must have spoken to the janitor hehehe.

Which control surfaces do you have? I contacted Contour Support and they told me the new drivers don't work with Sonar 3.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

ba_midi
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/29 22:48:50 (permalink)
    With the new ShuttlePro V2 and the LATEST drivers and application files (which are available on the contourdesign.com site), you do not use the old way (which involved a control surface plugin).

The Shuttle Pro V2 control panel is loaded when Windows starts, and it can be used for almost any app. But, what it does is looks to see which is the 'active application" and auto-loads the appropriate config file (which can also be one of your choosing/editing).

I actually deleted the one it comes with (after copying it), made adjustments the way I want it to work, renamed it, and all works just fine.

ORIGINAL: Asylum Moon

Are you using S3? I can not find a control surface for the SPv2. If you are using the S3 generic control surface do you need to be running the SPv2 control panel as well? I can not figure out how to program the cakewalk control surface for the SPv2.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

deltadreams
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/29 23:34:31 (permalink)
    I followed the setup instructions for the module.

But in the Control Surface Settings Toolbar in Sonar 3 PE. I get this message

"Error: Engine Not Found."

I also have the latest Shuttle Pro v2 drivers 2.5.7
    < Message edited by deltadreams -- 12/29/2003 11:35:09 PM >
    ba_midi
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/30 00:15:32 (permalink)
    Hmmm, I had that same problem... if I'm not mistaken, the tech support at Contour Design had me remove all occurances/instances of the Shuttle drivers (old and new), reboot, reinstall the latest drivers. But, there was one other step - I just can't remember what it was.

Did you install the old "plugin" driver? Is so, remove that too.

Ya know, I think they may have had me go into the control surface manager and delete something there. I'll see if I kept my notes and try to get back to you - but in the meanwhile, try removing it all and reinstall fresh (after a reboot).

The new drivers work quite well.

I followed the setup instructions for the module.

But in the Control Surface Settings Toolbar in Sonar 3 PE. I get this message

"Error: Engine Not Found."

I also have the latest Shuttle Pro v2 drivers 2.5.7

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

puffer
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 836
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/30 11:37:37 (permalink)
    Billy, using the native Contour driver (the one runs from Windows tool bar), did you get the "jog by tick/beat/measure" to work? I only see jog by messure, and the wheel simply increases/decreases the speed by which it scrolls. If I can't get the tick or beat options this is all but useless to me.

digitallofi.bandcamp.com
    ba_midi
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/30 12:21:14 (permalink)
    Puff,

I haven't had a chance to play with it over the last few days. But, how would you scroll by tick/beat/measure now without a controller?

You can, for example, program any of the buttons or wheels to emulate keystrokes (like CTRL PG UP or DOWN to move by measure), etc.

That is one good thing - you can easily program this thing - and even do macros (which could enter a sequence of commands).

BTW, you can download the manual and get a heads up on the potential. www.contourdesign.com - download area.

ORIGINAL: puffer

Billy, using the native Contour driver (the one runs from Windows tool bar), did you get the "jog by tick/beat/measure" to work? I only see jog by messure, and the wheel simply increases/decreases the speed by which it scrolls. If I can't get the tick or beat options this is all but useless to me.
    < Message edited by ba_midi -- 12/30/2003 12:22:10 PM >

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

Asylum Moon
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/30 12:48:33 (permalink)
    Can someone export their settings for the SPv2 & sonar 3pe and make them available to download?
    1: There are no keybindings possibilities for scroll by tick (only measure).
    2: No keybindings for scrubbing audio
    3: There are no Cakewalk Control surfaces for the SPv2.

I cannot figure out how it is possible for anyone to be able to FF or RW by tick or measure with the SPv2. Actually just open the control panel and take a screen shot of the settings for the Shuttle & Wheel Settings.

When making a cakewalk control surface it ask what port is it connected to, and there are no options for USB. So how can I make a control surface for this thing?
    rgfors
    RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/30 13:49:38 (permalink)
    When I bought my shuttle pro, I went to the Contourdesign web site and downloaded a Sonar Plug in. I installed the plug in, and the shuttle pro works perfectly. I can choose ticks, beats or measures, and have had zero problems. I just went to their website, and I don't see the plug in for Sonar listed anywhere. For those of you that are having problems, please send me your email address to randy.forshey@sbcglobal.net, and I will send the plugin to you...

Randy
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1